Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm: help with window contact please

Options
  • 25-06-2008 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭

I just installed a wireless alarm and its working fine its a Visonic powermax+
    I have a window with two openings and my wireless contact covers one opening. There is an aux input on the wireless contact and I want to wire this contact to the aux, I bought this contact in Maplins. There are four wires, black, yellow, red and blue.
    What I need to know is what wires do I connect to the aux on the wireless contact?
    Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

I take it you dont have a multi-meter to check the continuity. The alarm circuit is probably red & yellow and the tamper circuit black & blue. Connect in the red & yellow and see if it works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

Thanks that did the job!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Glad to help

Derek

I thought I had this sorted but no such luck.
    I can only get it to work on one opening, The wireless contact is a powermax+ MCT-302 if you know how to get this working on the two openings I would appreciate it.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

You might need to play around with the jumpers in the sensor. Which contact is not working

• Advertisement

The aux contact
    when I enroll the mct 302 I get the "happy" tune but the aux gives a "sad"
    I know:)

Finally figured it out! each opening must be enrolled on a separate zone
    the one transmitter can send a code for each opening.

Advertisement