Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

respray: can anybody recommend somebody good.

• 25-06-2008 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

My Dad has recently acquired a 00 Honda Valkyrie.
    As a bike its great unparred by anything else on the market in my opinion just a damn fine touring, cruising type bike and exceptionally comfortable. Has a full set of extras on it, new crash bar. full backed seat and high backed pillion seat, chrome covering for everything including the drive shaft and oil filter even has LEDs for enhancing the chrome in duller or darker conditions. so basically its a very customised piece of kit.

But well he's not extatic about the color its your basic black and while initially he thought it enhanced the chrome he's now come to the conclusion that rather than enhance the chrome the chrome detracts from the paintwork as the black fades into the background. So he's looking at getting a two-tone respray a cream and blue/green type. I was just wondering can anybody recomend anyone with a good reputation and who is able to do the job?
    many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

No recommendation for you, but a bit of advice. In the vast majority of cases, respraying a bike in non-original colours takes a fair slice off its resale value.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

esel wrote: »
    No recommendation for you, but a bit of advice. In the vast majority of cases, respraying a bike in non-original colours takes a fair slice off its resale value.

I'm sorry but that's a nonsence...
    We are talking about custom respray for the cruiser here and as a such the opposit would be more likely. Ofcourse depends on who will do the respray and the quality of the paintwork.
    For example, I had a Royalstar for respray last summer. Standart dark blue/white paintjob. Owner wanted black with old school flames on it. The difference is incredible, now it's a bloody headturner. Link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055137231&highlight=kate%27s+new+dress

You will never get back the value of the paintwork if you want to sale your ride, that's for sure, but I would strongly argue such a statement. It's your ride and there's no reason why you shouldn't put your personal stamp on it. And don't matter if it's a cruiser or racer or scoot or whatever...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

esel wrote: »

Agreed. Of course in some cases it makes no difference, or may even add to the price such as cruisers. But most bikes will lose a bit of value if resprayed. It also gives the impression that it was crashed and repaired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Try Motorcycle Paint Shop in tallaght, ask for the boss Ken.
    http://www.motorcyclepaintshop.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

My-self and the misses used Ken for a job on her bike. Standurd Jet gloss black paint job... Cost €900 and I dont think he put any clear coat on the pant as the paint has begun to chip off with great ease. Almost afraid to wash the bloody yoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Filip at Mad Clown did my Royal star & im very happy with it

http://www.madclowndesign.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Try Motorcycle Paint Shop in tallaght, ask for the boss Ken.
    http://www.motorcyclepaintshop.com/

my bf got his yamaha tdm850 reprayed in there for 850eur (this is not including the tank). nice red finish is holding on well and looks class too.
    I was quoted 800euros to get my cbr250 resprayed in just one color and if I wanted to get it in original tri-color that'd cost me like 1200euros when bike itself worth only 2000eur.

I'd say grab a few spray paint cans and diy :D

Advertisement