Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Tom 520 Western Europe Map to SD Card

• 25-06-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Hi there ..
    I've a TomTom 520 and got IRL/UK maps installed on the inbuilt memory. I've bought a 2Gb SD Card and downloaded Western Europe maps. Problem is that the TT isnt seeing the new map. When i go into TomTom Home i can see the new map, it says its on my computer. When i choose to add it, it processes for a few seconds, but i still cant see it on the TT. I read on the web site that i have to copy the home application to the SD card ... do i have to do that, or what do i have to do to get the unit to see the new map?
    Thanks in advance
    Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Odgious

Got it sorted! My mistake was that i downloaded it via the website and the file went onto my laptop but not onto the sd card in the sat nav. i deleted the file from the laptop, then used the tomtom home software on the laptop and chose the sd card when it opened up, and when i went into add maps it realised that i hadnt downloaded the western europe map, and bobs your uncle, it downloaded and works a treat.
    Happy days!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Glad you got it sorted ! If you need any help give me a shout .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Odgious

Thanks!

Actually, maybe you could help me .. i think (hope!) i backed up my device before i started faffing round with it. Now, with the western european maps, i've no favourites (possibly cos i reset it?) .. so, is it possible to restore my favourites from the backup?

Cheers!

Kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dermguy

I have had a similar problem to kieran but I downloaded my maps of Western Europe via tom tom home and installed a new 2GB SD card and opened it under TT home. I asked TT home to install the maps and it said it did but just installed a 1 Kb meta file on the SD card and I cannot persuade it to do more. The download definitely exists on my computer and I have even tried copying it straight onto SD card using explorer but TT still does not see it. Help!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mamo

I bought a Tom Tom One XL yesterday for my OH. I specifically bought this model because it has Bluetooth and the shop assistant said it could be used to answer a phone handsfree while driving. I can see how to link the XL to the phone, but can I use it to answer the phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Mamo

Thanks for your help

Advertisement