Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help needed with new gaming pc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Definiteyl think it would be worth going upto the Q9450. It's not much more in price and it's more upto date. Saying that there's nothing wrong with the Q6600 but me? I'd go for the later gen.

As for your video cards definitely the 2x 8800GTs are very good. There's also |
    Ati's new cards which are getting rave reviews eg 4850/4750. and their price per performance is a lot better than Nvidia's. OVerall the 8800GTs are good :D

As you can see from my sig below I have the 680i board. Not very happy with it and am going to switch back to Intel after this. For me SLI is overhyped and is only good for gaming at 1920x1200 and beyond. Anything below this one card is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I'm not sure on the power requirments of the build is the 610W ok?

You can calculate your power supply requirements here:
    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

its ok , personally i would drop the Sli board for something a little more reliable and overclockable ,the nvidia boards are very buggy ,

also why go sli? the best thing is to go for a very fast single card solution , drop the 8800's and get an ATi 4870 , this card performs better than the new NVidia GTX260 but its only a bit over 200 dollars , get that and an hr-03 and your flying , Sli has allot if issues your paying 100% more for maybe 40 or 50% gains , not to mention the mircostutter issues..

Advertisement