Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yawn! Perez has become so boring lately

• 25-06-2008 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

Anyone find that Perez is no longer the must-read that it used to be? Just skimming through it a minute ago, the stories are all about The Hills (meh), Hulk Hogan and his wife (does anyone actually care?), Amy Winehouse's husband (he's in jail, he's probably going to stay in jail, what is there to say?), a new musical coming to Broadway (ummm....), some YouTube 'star' (yawn) and Paris Hilton (a complimentary story about her on Perez?! No way...).

I know it's probably been tough for him to find stuff to write about ever since this, but really, all these stories every day about 'wacky' crimes being committed across America (seriously, how many people can be arrested for masturbating in strange places before it's classed as an epidemic?), coupled with the complete dearth of actual celebrity news means that it's become a very dull read lately.

Hopefully he'll lift the ban on writing about Britney, Justin, Christina, J.Lo et al soon. As it stands, unless it gets more interesting pretty soon I'm going to be defecting to Tmz...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

He just doesn't seem bothered anymore. He's got all this other stuff going on (party nights, VH1 shows etc) and I always get the impression that he's bored of blogging now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Well, he can't just "lift" the ban on it, similarly boards can't just lift the ban on talking about certain things on here for the time being.

If there's any drop in quality on the site lately it's probably due to him being filthy rich (assumed) and living a now celebrity lifestyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Rb wrote: »
    Well, he can't just "lift" the ban on it, similarly boards can't just lift the ban on talking about certain things on here for the time being.
    There's a big difference. His ban is self-imposed and is nothing to do with the legality of talking about certain things. He says that it's because if the company is going to sue him then he's simply going to stop doing anything which could help make them money, so he's not writing about any of the artists which are signed to their label. He could stop at any time if he wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Stargal wrote: »
    There's a big difference. His ban is self-imposed and is nothing to do with the legality of talking about certain things. He says that it's because if the company is going to sue him then he's simply going to stop doing anything which could help make them money, so he's not writing about any of the artists which are signed to their label. He could stop at any time if he wanted.

I'd say that's partly the reason but I'm sure he doesn't want to give them anymore ammunition by blogging about the companies other artists.

PopBitch and HolyMoly! FTW Although i don't seem to get holy moly emails any more :confused: Must check that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Larianne wrote: »
    PopBitch and HolyMoly! FTW Although i don't seem to get holy moly emails any more :confused: Must check that!

Love Holy Moly! The Corner and ROML are just class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement