Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi extras

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Any info regarding the following extras for the Audi A4 (B8) which I'm investigating for Jan '09:
    • What's the difference between a concert radio and a symphony radio?
    • What's the difference between the Audi Sound System and B & O Sound System?
    • Will I be able to move my Phatnoise MP3 from my Passat into the Audi (and be able to see details like album;artist;track) or will i have to go for Audi Music Interface which I think can only be ordered with the Navigation System?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any info regarding the following extras for the Audi A4 (B8) which I'm investigating for Jan '09:
    • What's the difference between a concert radio and a symphony radio?
    • What's the difference between the Audi Sound System and B & O Sound System?
    • Will I be able to move my Phatnoise MP3 from my Passat into the Audi (and be able to see details like album;artist;track) or will i have to go for Audi Music Interface which I think can only be ordered with the Navigation System?

AudiChris is the man to talk to about this. Drop him a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Cheers mate!

Will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Another satisfied customer (hopefully :p)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I would say the B&O system is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd imagine so. My mother has a BMW Logic7 system in a 3-series, and the sound quality is incredibly good. Apparently the subwoofers use the cavities in the sills as an enclosure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I have the Bose system in my '03 Audi Allroad and find it really good. I recently got an adapter for my iPod and am really pleased with the results.

Most audiophiles will tell you not to bother with factory fitted audio upgrades and spend your money on a DIY system. I'm neither a DIY freak or audiophile so the Bose system is more than enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

ksimpson wrote: »
    I have the Bose system in my '03 Audi Allroad and find it really good. I recently got an adapter for my iPod and am really pleased with the results.

Most audiophiles will tell you not to bother with factory fitted audio upgrades and spend your money on a DIY system. I'm neither a DIY freak or audiophile so the Bose system is more than enough for me.

I find the bose systems in Audi's to be very poor (for a bose setup).

If you cut the wire that controls the bose equaliser at the back of the radio, the sound is infinitly better, but still not as good as you'd like for extra €€€'s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

If I ever was in a position to buy a new Audi/BMW/Merc etc the one thing i'd deffo go for is the upgraded sound system, be it Bose or Harman Kardon or whatever - even in a second hand car, upgraded sound would draw me to the car straight away.
    How is the Harman Kardon that comes in the E46 BMW's, anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

cianclarke wrote: »
    If I ever was in a position to buy a new Audi/BMW/Merc etc the one thing i'd deffo go for is the upgraded sound system, be it Bose or Harman Kardon or whatever - even in a second hand car, upgraded sound would draw me to the car straight away.
    How is the Harman Kardon that comes in the E46 BMW's, anybody know?

I have the H K upgrade in my car 8 speakers and 2 sub woofers (although I can only find 6 of the speakers the other 2 must be hidden some where)

The sound is very good, has a DSP setting to focus the sound on the driver which actually works very well, sound is far better than the standard one, is it worth the 1400 or so to up grade it? No way, 1400 would get you some really high end non OEM equipment, but as an inclusion into a second hand car, it doesn't change the price that much and really makes being stuck in traffic a little more pleasant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Seperate wrote: »
    I find the bose systems in Audi's to be very poor (for a bose setup).

If you cut the wire that controls the bose equaliser at the back of the radio, the sound is infinitly better, but still not as good as you'd like for extra €€€'s

Haven't heard one in an Audi, but have one in my Mazda and it's very acceptable. However they have a better system in the Alfa GT, definately better than the Mazda version.
    Still, can't beat a good hi-fi in the sitting room!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Yep AudiChris,

come Jan '09 there'll be another satisfied Audi customer out there headbanging as he drives.

Any truth in rumours that Audi are streamlining things nationally with fewer local dealers and just working on a regional basis?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

ksimpson wrote: »

I'm nearly certain the Bose make all the radio/CD equipment for VW/Audi i.e they are branded VW or Audi but actually manufactured by Bose?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 169

I heard Audi are moving to Sligo for the north-west area, Letterkenny losing Audi. Donegal Town lost Audi 4 years ago. Will it water down competition. This leaves only Cavan as competition within 100 miles of the north-west area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Yep AudiChris,

come Jan '09 there'll be another satisfied Audi customer out there headbanging as he drives.

Any truth in rumours that Audi are streamlining things nationally with fewer local dealers and just working on a regional basis?

The Germans'll be enforcing the highest of standards, and not all dealers will want to make the investment necessary to confirm to those standards...

I've always heard that the accepted wisdom is that people will travel 30miles+ to purchase a new car while they only want to travel a 5-10miles for service. This led to the theory of a hub and spoke setup of car sellers and authorised service outlets. It never caught on though (afaik), I think Ireland's to small a market for that.

It's interesting times ahead for VAG dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Moanin wrote: »
    I'm nearly certain the Bose make all the radio/CD equipment for VW/Audi i.e they are branded VW or Audi but actually manufactured by Bose?

Not that I'm aware of. I thought it was Blaupunct and possibly others. I know the Nav unit in my 03 Allroad is made by Blaupunct. Blaupunct and Bose could be the same company - not sure.

Not a bad system though. I had a 3 series before that with the HK system and it was good, but not as good as the Audi.

Advertisement