Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What now for 8800GT SLI

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

So I have 2 8800GT's in SLI and am itching for a change, what with all the new cards out now what do you think would be the best option or is there nothing worth going for yet and hold on to them for a few more months ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

I'd suggest Radeon 4850 or 4870 (Crossfire if possible ;) but in this case you will need to change your current mainboard).

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

hosi wrote: »
    I'd suggest Radeon 4850 or 4870 (Crossfire if possible ;) but in this case you will need to change your current mainboard).
    Well 2 8800gt's actually outperform a 4850 so that's a bit of a waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Why u need upgrade? What resolution do you game at? 8800gt in sli can pretty much cope with any game and would be equivalent to a single Gx2.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Well 2 8800gt's actually outperform a 4850 so that's a bit of a waste.
    Then he should change his mainboard go for HD4870 CF ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

8800gt sli is almost as fast as 600 euro GTX 280 and faster than HD4870, you are set on the graphics man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Why u need upgrade? What resolution do you game at? 8800gt in sli can pretty much cope with any game and would be equivalent to a single Gx2.

well I don't need to but it's always great to get new gear and I have a bit of an urge to spend, game at 1900*1200 but the GT's do the job very nicely, maybe I'll stick with them and get some new storage - that SSD thread has me very tempted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

MooseJam wrote: »
    well I don't need to but it's always great to get new gear and I have a bit of an urge to spend, game at 1900*1200 but the GT's do the job very nicely, maybe I'll stick with them and get some new storage - that SSD thread has me very tempted

Ya, ssd would be better upgrade IMO,
    different for me, I'm upgrading from a 256MB 7900GT to HD4870, now thats value :D

Advertisement