Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha MM6 Drivers

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi guys and gals.

A quick question for ye all. I tried hooking up my MM6 to my PC recently and it asked me for drivers for the keyboard. I didn't get them but I followed the directions in the manual which directed me to the Yamaha website. It gave me a zip folder to download. I did so and I unzipped it and installed as directed. The PC sees the keyboard as a USB device now and gives the audio signal when you attach it as it would any USB device. My Cubase doesn't see it either. Any help you might have on this little difficulty would be much appreciated. I'm not too fussed either about it as I intend to use the audio section of Cubase (came free with the keyboard) rather than the MIDI section but it might be handy for when I want to record multiple keyboard/drum tracks without overloading the memory of the PC.

Again guys, any info at all on this would be great. Thanx.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'll bump this over to the Music Production forum. They'll probably know better.

Guys, send it back if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

What version of cubase? - might be worth checking to see if you have to manually add the keyboard as a midi device... also (the obvious one) you have tried the drop down menu in the midi device options per track to see if the device is listed there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Werewolf

It's Cubase LE that came with the keyboard. Funny thing is Cubase works fine. I can record and playback audio just fine(just waiting on sound and graphics card upgrades) The PC itself won't recognise the keyboard beyond its name. I believe that once I can get it linked to the PC properly to begin with, I won't have the problem with Cubase. Thing is, Ad I am fairly new to this side of music, I don't have a MIDI card in my PC. Didn't think I'd need it what with the MM6 having its 'to host' socket as a USB port. I forgot to mention that there's a 'to device' port too for storing data and I can't seem to get that working. I've only ever tried a 2GB stick in it though and one of the lads reckons that that's probably too large.

PC's seeing it alright but not taking any action. I know it's not the port because I've used other devices in it and they've worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

windows 98 by any chance? - that might explain the stick not being recognised...

i'll have a good dig around about this - i don't have LE installed - but will if you continue to struggle with getting this sorted... you won't need a midi card... the usb side is fine. (but if win98, you maybe in deep trouble!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 The Werewolf

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

It's Windows XP Professional I've got. Still no joy with it, but I haven't really been working too hard on it as I've been away from the PC for a few days.

I'd hate to have to buy a MIDI card now after getting a keyboard that is supposed to circumvent that need. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement