Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Degrees!?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I have posted this in the LD thread as well as this one because it is relevant to both threads.

Could anyone tell me what the dif is between corporate law,civil law and law degrees?
    And what is law plus?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Corporate Law=Business Law

Civil Law=Wills, deeds of sale, stuff like that.

Law Dagree=A dagree in law! Methinks this will have all forms of law in it. EU, civil, corprate, common etc.

Have no idea what law plus is, sorry.

If you are thinking of going into law as a profession, remember you don't need a law degree to go the the Kings Inns or Black Hall Place, just a dagree.

Hope that has been of some help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Thanks Irish Knight.
    That info very much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 college2008

Law question....

could anyone tell me if Irish language is necesary to practice law in ireland, even if i have an exemption as i lived abroad when i was younger

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I can't be too sure as you have been exempted. However, I would think so as in Irish courts, the plaintiff or defendant and request the count to be conducted in Irish. Also, the Irish copy of any acts takes precedence over the English ones.

From what I am told, the exam isn't that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nerd3000

Law Plus is a new course and points are expected to be environ 500..give or take 10 points either side..

http://www.ul.ie/admissions/newprospectus/Undergraduate/colleges/humanities/LM029.shtml

details of course

Corp Law is the way to go!!..Too many Civil Lawyers and not enough jobs for them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tyson12

Personally, I think the Law Plus sounds like a savage course. It can be as broad as you want or one could do even do pure law in it. It is my no.1 on my CAO nd i'm hoping to do psychology and maths with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Ri na hEireann

Tyson12 wrote: »
    Personally, I think the Law Plus sounds like a savage course. It can be as broad as you want or one could do even do pure law in it. It is my no.1 on my CAO nd i'm hoping to do psychology and maths with it.

As far as I know you can't do just "pure Law" in Law Plus.

An I've heard the Irish requirement was dropped around 6months ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tyson12

[/quote]As far as I know you can't do just "pure Law" in Law Plus.

An I've heard the Irish requirement was dropped around 6months ago?[/quote]

Correct me if i'm wrong but you take law as one elective and criminal justice as another you would be doing pure law yes???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

nerd3000 wrote: »

Corp Law is the way to go!!..Too many Civil Lawyers and not enough jobs for them!

+1

:pac:

Advertisement