Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Degrees!?

• 25-06-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

I have posted this in the LC thread as well as this one because it is relevant to both threads.

Could anyone tell me what the dif is between corporate law,civil law and law degrees?
    And what is law plus?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Corporate Law is only in Galway afaik, its more business based, dont think you study subjects such as criminal law

BCL (Civil Law) and LLB (Law) degrees are the same thing, there is some stupid historic reason for the difference in names. In either of these you study a broad range of law subjects. The website of any university will help you here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

Civil Law is straight law and will qualify you to sit FE-1s or Kings Inns exams straight after graduation.

Corporate Law in NUIG is an even mix of law subjects and business subjects, and you would have to do a year long LLB after this degree to qualify for some law exams. I think this only applies to the Kings Inns exams but not sure so don't take my word for it.

Law Plus is the replacement for Law and European Studies in UL. It is a full law degree but you choose other subjects to go with it, which can range from more law, to a language, to history, sociology, etc. This course qualifies you for exams straight from graduation.

Law and Accounting in UL is very like Corporate Law in terms of subjects involved, but unlike Corporate Law, you don't have to take the LLB after your degree in order to sit exams.

I stand to be corrected on some of this but that's my understanding of the Irish law courses.

Advertisement