Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELETE ME

Options
  • 25-06-2008 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Awh thats sweet. I hope you too get your well deserved happinness for posting such gayness. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

26 posts?
    Not really any of you to delete....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Awh thats sweet. I hope you too get your well deserved happinness for posting such gayness. :D

haha, couldnt have put better myself.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Common request, nearly always denied.

You can request to get your account banned, or you could change your email address assigned to your account and scramble your password. This way, you cant login again or reset the password.

It would mess up threads if they started to delete your posts and/or account.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Beatrice wrote: »
    Hey :D I kw tat this is the wrong place to post... could anyone please delete 'Beatrice' and all my existing posts...I want her to float off into oblivion...This summer is the starting of a new me :) P.S Thank you all again n I hope that u all recieve your well deserved happiness in august :)
    What?

Edit:
    I have often stated in the past that I fear for the future of this country because of the ever increasing use of txt spk.
    I'm beginning to change my views on this though.

Think about it.
    It just means more job availability for those of us who can spell properly.
    All those using txt spk on their CV's will just be laughed at.

R u sgng on da dole n august????????????lololol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What's happening in August?

OP: If you want you can change the password on your account to something simple like "password1", then pm me the password, I'll log in and change it to something you'll never know and hey presto, account is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hey :D I kw tat this is the wrong place to post... could anyone please delete 'Beatrice' and all my existing posts...I want her to float off into oblivion...This summer is the starting of a new me :) P.S Thank you all again n I hope that u all recieve your well deserved happiness in august :)
    PM me your password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

snap

Rb wrote: »

Whoops, I meant to put a post here but got distracted by Aprés Match. I moved this here from the LC forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

The question is.. who owns your posts. You say delete, The admins say no, you own your words, You say A certain name. They say that you own your words, yet they deny you ownership. But you own your posts?

Or do you?

How would Arthur Cox & Co. look at this?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,269 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

good luck with getting deleted, sounds like a fair enough request, I'm sure one of the mods will oblige, maybe pm one of the mods on this forum with a quick note would get it done... the mods should be listed on the bottom of the feedback forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Simplicity

eolhc wrote: »
    good luck with getting deleted, sounds like a fair enough request, I'm sure one of the mods will oblige, maybe pm one of the mods on this forum with a quick note would get it done... the mods should be listed on the bottom of the feedback forum

Probably best to PM an admin.

Arthur Cox & Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

26 posts and you already want to leave. do you hate us that much?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

nevf wrote: »
    26 posts and you already want to leave. do you hate us that much?

What do you mean us?I wonder what she has in those 26 posts that makes her want to delete it ......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

We don't delete posts or accounts.
    If you don't wish to post here anymore, just leave.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Rb wrote: »

Beatrice turns into a butterfly.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

eolhc wrote: »
    good luck with getting deleted, sounds like a fair enough request,

It isn't. It causes more problems then it solves. It can all be traced back to one user as to why you can no longer delete/edit posts after a period of time. Thinking he was smart he wrote an app that would select your account and delete all your posts. It destroyed numerous threads, contexts were lost, answers to questions people were looking for. Overall dickery.

At the end of the day, you wrote it, live by it. Although people change over the years. I've gone back and read my posts from over 10 years ago and I don't even recognize who that person was anymore. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

GTFO tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Hi Op

Why dont you go back and edit all your posts and delete them that way.

If you are a subscriber you can request a name change. You may not want to post anymore but you can still change your username so that Beatrice no longer exists.

I will pay a months subscription for you if you want to do it that way just give me your password.

I hope all is ok with your brain tumour and you got your LC sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Hi Op

Why dont you go back and edit all your posts and delete them that way.
    There's a two day time limit on editing posts.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    There's a two day time limit on editing posts.

Thanks for that, the name change should be sufficient then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Then the old posts will bear the new name anyway, so that's probably no good.

Then the old posts will bear the new name anyway, so that's probably no good.

True but if she doesnt log in she wont know what her new name is :confused:

I dont think its her posts as such or what she has said that she is worried about.

Shes obviously only young and been through a lot so if it helps her in her recovery or fresh start or whatever then silly as it may be to other people its what she wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

whats happening in august thats going to make my life better?

chuci wrote: »
    whats happening in august thats going to make my life better?

Beatrice posted this originally in the leaving cert forum so i take it she was talking to LC students getting their results. Its already been said a few threads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

OK sorry I did not realise this would cause so much trouble :o...Perhaps just forget I asked :D the reason i asked in the first place was because I read some of my posts..They are very whinney :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Trinity1 wrote: »
    Shes obviously only young and been through a lot so if it helps her in her recovery or fresh start or whatever then silly as it may be to other people its what she wants.

Fair enough

OK sorry I did not realise this would cause so much trouble :o...Perhaps just forget I asked :D the reason i asked in the first place was because I read some of my posts..They are very whinney :o

Hey dont worry about that, I still cringe at some of the ****e i have written on here drunk and sober :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement