Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst. episode. EVER

Options
  • 25-06-2008 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭

Opinions please...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

TNG Season 7 Episode MASKS

What a heap of sh!t.

Most of Voyager and Enterprise sucked too, due to the fact that they were uninspired rehashes, IMHO (DS9 ROCKED)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

hmmm that voyager episode with the klingons towards the end of the last season was just really awful, it was like a convention movie or something. I really hate Voyager for messing up the Borg..., The best of showreel when Riker goes unconscious was funny but ultimately crap. Voyager definitely comes to mind for extremely bad episodes, like when Bleanna goes to Klingon Hell, it had some good ones but overall voyager really sucked and actively made a mess of the star trek mythology.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

DS9 Life Support... I'm a big DS9 fan but there's just so much wrong with that episode.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Voyager S1-S7 and Enterprise S1-S4 :)

More seriously, TNG's "Shades of Grey". I don't care that there was a writer's strike - there's no excuse for that crap, especially for a season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Any episode with Polaski in it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

There's just so many to choose from. In a way I'd go with Voyager's "Oirish" episodes on the holodeck but that just seems too easy... plus I kinda get the same kick from them as I do when I see an episode of Murder, She Wrote set on the emerald isle.

Then of course there's any DS9 episodes involving the pah wraiths, they're simply beyond redemption.

But if I had to choose one... hmmm,

I think that early Voyager episode where the entire ship get's distorted and bent out of shape because of some space anomaly and then everything becomes okay in the end but I can't for the life of me remember how...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

That reminds me of another voyager episode where they find out they're copies of the original crew and all start dying, which was very good "reset" episode.

That reminds me of another voyager episode where they find out they're copies of the original crew and all start dying, which was very good "reset" episode.

HEY! That kinda talk belongs in the Favorite Ever Episode thread, thank you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

TNG: Sub Rosa, where Dr. Crushers relatives are all scottish for some reason, and are being haunted by a ghost which she falls in love with....riiiiight.

DS9: None. No, there was never a bad episode of DS9....ever.

Voyager: Had to be the Flauter episodes, or any with that annoying bitch Naomi Wildman. 7 of 9 spent way to much time being nice to her, when she should have been taking her (own) clothes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

TATV

discussion over:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Shades of Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

There was one cool bit in Shades of Grey, when they showed the head of the alien guy exploding (from series 1, where all half of Starfleet was taken over by aliens). That bit was edited out of the actual show where it happened (at least on any version I ever saw of it) , but they seem to have left it in the clip show.

Having said that, the rest of the episode was pure crap, as were pretty much anything with Pulaski, Lwaxanna Troi or Alexander (except the one where Key'lahr is killed, followed quickly by Worf tearing Duras a new one!)

Like pre-borg TNG, DS9 had some ropey episodes in the first two seasons, but when the Dominion/Jem'Hadar story arc came along, things picked up nicely.

Once Way of the Warrior happened, Deep Space 9 took its place at the top of my Sci-Fi list. And it stayed there till Battlestar. I much prefer the darker settings, and DS9 was pretty dark at times (not BSG dark, but not happy-go-fun-time Voyager either).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Kiith wrote: »
    TNG: Sub Rosa, where Dr. Crushers relatives are all scottish for some reason, and are being haunted by a ghost which she falls in love with....riiiiight.
    +1.

God that was awful, awful, stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    TNG Season 7 Episode MASKS

What a heap of sh!t.

Most of Voyager and Enterprise sucked too, due to the fact that they were uninspired rehashes, IMHO (DS9 ROCKED)

Oh god, one person i know claims that is his single fav episode but god i hated it.

One that springs to mind and i know it is the only episode of star trek that i have only seen once, i mean ive seen them all atleast twice bar this episode.

The boxing episode of voyager where chakator is trying to comnicate to a alin in his dream by having a boxing match *shudder*

Actually another one i only saw once was the enterprise episode where they are on a alien world that has humans living on it and its the old west

Ditto on that one - I have a vague recollection that it was completely awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Shades of Grey, easily.

I liked Masks. Hardly my favourite, but a very good episode to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

"Up the Long Ladder" - TNG's own tragically misguided Oirish episode. Riker gives the colleen in the Arran-knit halter top a shot. :rolleyes:

+ EVERY episode of Enterprise and almost every ep of Voyager.

And for the sake of historical completeness: "Spock's Brain"

Yeah, that too. Those two series were the deathnail for Trek imo.

As much as I dislike the idea of a prequel (something following on from TNG/DS9 would have been interesting) it was probably necessary after those. Just hope Abrams and co. can deliver something worthwhile.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote: »
    Yeah, that too. Those two series were the deathnail for Trek imo.

As much as I dislike the idea of a prequel (something following on from TNG/DS9 would have been interesting) it was probably necessary after those. Just hope Abrams and co. can deliver something worthwhile.

You honestly saying that a well handled Enterprise wouldn't have been great?

Proper first contact with the Klingons, Earth/Romulan war and the birth of the Federation!!
    Some unbelievable source material there

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Mena wrote: »
    Any episode with Polaski in it :mad:

Agreed, that shrill condescending and didadtic woman made the show painful, couldn't wait to get rid of her.

Agreed, that shrill condescending and didadtic woman made the show painful, couldn't wait to get rid of her.

Trying to be McCoy.
    She came across as a complete bigot

While Voyager had an excessive amount of worst episodes I also think it had a disproportionate amount of best Trek episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Voyager: "reset" episodes, the one where Janeway and Paris turned into lizards, it's Irish ones and the finale.

TNG: Riker being given Q powers, the unisex species one (where Riker scores one of them), any with Troi being given command...

DS9: Probably one of the early ones, none come to mind immediately.

TOS: Spocks Brain is missing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

toiletduck wrote: »
    DS9: Probably one of the early ones, none come to mind immediately....

How about the second ever DS9 episode when the first aliens to come through the wormhole get the DS9 crew to play some kind of dopey game?
    Surprise, surprise the crew get trapped in the game ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Every. Single. Episode. - with Troi's mother.

How about the second ever DS9 episode when the first aliens to come through the wormhole get the DS9 crew to play some kind of dopey game?
    Surprise, surprise the crew get trapped in the game ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
    Kalamarain, count to 4, kalamarain, and then 3 more, kalamarain, if you can see, kalamarain, you'll come with me. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Damn, don't know the names...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

don't know any names but voyager started poor and got worse and then some.... which was a pity cos DS9 was so brill - it just got better - although the end with sisko and dukat jumping into the pit was a little ****.

never got into enterprise so stopped watching it

Advertisement