Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prepay 3G trial

167891012»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Yea :( He did say however that you can choose to stay with the 0.5c/1kb plan.. I really dont know how much of this is fact. This guy was a bit of a goon.
    0.5c/1KB doesn't really have any benefits over the "new" plan though. Isn't it a case where you're charged that up until you reach 99c worth and then you don't pay any more til you reach 50MB anyway?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

random wrote: »
    0.5c/1KB doesn't really have any benefits over the "new" plan though. Isn't it a case where you're charged that up until you reach 99c worth and then you don't pay any more til you reach 50MB anyway?
    I think you are charged 5c i think for a kb or something. I just remember noticing when the pricing structure came out that the old system was better if you use less than 200kb per day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I guess all good things come to an end. Some things just come to an dead end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I guess all good things come to an end. Some things just come to an dead end.

They'll have to come up with some tarriffs or something when 3g launches properly or it'll fall flat on its face. I've been a happy meteor customer for years but this has made me think would i be better of on a different network.

They'll have to come up with some tarriffs or something when 3g launches properly or it'll fall flat on its face. I've been a happy meteor customer for years but this has made me think would i be better of on a different network.
    Agreed.

While the bill pay offering of €9.99 for 250MB is still way overpriced (you can get 4 times the data for the same price on three), I'd be delighted with this offer on meteor payg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Agreed.

While the bill pay offering of €9.99 for 250MB is still way overpriced (you can get 4 times the data for the same price on three), I'd be delighted with this offer on meteor payg.
    +1

I could probably limit myself to 250mb a month.

We say that now but O2 launched 3G and as a network haven't fallen flat on their face without prepay data. I think whoever launches proper data packages on prepay between O2/Voda/Meteor first will grab a large amount of new customers though.

Anyone else feel like smashing their phone against the wall after the text we just got? :mad:

Just got a text from them saying thank you for your help in the trial, looks like they've got all the info they need! That was the easiest money (credit) i ever made!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Anyone else feel like smashing their phone against the wall after the text we just got? :mad:

+1
    Thanks for your help with our new network.
    Now we're going to drive you to 3 for your data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

:(

thank god for wi-fi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

*cries a little inside.

Absolutely. Good thing I have spares.

Thanks to theteal once again.
    I'm available for any future trials that may involve free internet access, credit or cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

:D 2.26GB From the start of the trial didn't make it to 10 GB ;) This would have cost me 46 days at 50MB at 46 Euro ....

I say other people did better than this...:rolleyes:

I have decided to rename "Meteor ISP" to "DO NOT USE" to remind me that i am getting ripped off if I use the internet.

20mins to go :(

I have decided to rename "Meteor ISP" to "DO NOT USE" to remind me that i am getting ripped off if I use the internet.

20mins to go :(
    LOLs ... should have hooked it up to your PC and torrented for 3 or 4 days after getting the text :)

Pyro Boy wrote: »
    :D 2.26GB From the start of the trial didn't make it to 10 GB ;) This would have cost me 46 days at 50MB at 46 Euro ....

I say other people did better than this...:rolleyes:
    30.95MB Sent
    268.65MB Received

That's since 7th August 2008 (when I got my new phone).

Random wrote: »
    LOLs ... should have hooked it up to your PC and torrented for 3 or 4 days after getting the text :)
    Talking on two separate threads is confusing :pac:

I'm only living in an EDGE area so the speeds would have been dire :)

Just had a look at my usage meter, only came to about 380MB for the 2months. I'd be mad to pay meteor 99c a day for 5MB usage every day.

• Advertisement

I agree - one big superthread is all we need ;)

I'm gonna pull my O2 phone back out and use their €7.50/250MB/month/bill package when I want reliable speeds though.

good when it lasted. So are meteor keeping the 3g network up and running until the launch or is it been switched off till then?

Oh do tell.

mad.mike wrote: »
    good when it lasted. So are meteor keeping the 3g network up and running until the launch or is it been switched off till then?

i seem to be back on edge since yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

yep. I used to get 3g here but now edge only

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    yep. I used to get 3g here but now edge only
    Bit of a cheap tactic tbh.

Bit of a cheap tactic tbh.
    It's absolutely shocking. I was told that I would continue to have 3g but that I would just have to pay for it. I feel a bit cheated to be honest.

I rang up CC today to act all dumb and see what the story was with the isp apn.

The guy on the phone was a very nice guy and seemed to be quite well informed and even he didnt know about the fact that isp was gone and replaced by the 99c lark.

While the 99c price plan irritates me, it is not the reason im writing to meteor to complain. It is the fact that they have gotten rid of the isp access point pricing totally.

This is totally out of character with meteor, who normally allow people to "opt into" any new price plans, while still allowing older customers to stick with what they have.

If they left the 0.5kb price structure in place i would be happy. I would have lost nothing as a result of this trial. But now I have had my daily internet cost increased by 400%, going from 20c prior to the trial beginning to 80c per day now.

I also asked the guy for contact details which he forwarded in a text if anyone wants them:
    Meteor Mobile Communications,
    4030 Kingswood Avenue,
    Citywest Business Park,
    Naas Road,
    Dublin 24.
    Tel:1905 or +35314307085.
    Fax:014307013.
    e-mail:info@meteor.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

anyone know if us cork people are getting a trial??:)
    we have the 2+3g network nearly everywhere...all we need i a trial run to catch peoples interest

• Advertisement
Advertisement