Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prepay 3G trial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Asked in Wilton there and was told a couple of weeks too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

So, has anyone been credited the 50€?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

So, has anyone been credited the 50€?

i've got 60 and so have a few others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i've got 60 and so have a few others
    Grr... jealous.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Grr... jealous.
    Grrr +1

• Advertisement

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Grrr +1

evil laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I rang em up yesterday about the missing €50 & they said there was some anomaly in the system & my name had been dropped from the list or somtehing to that effect. Few hours later & it was sorted. :D

skywalker wrote: »
    I rang em up yesterday about the missing €50 & they said there was some anomaly in the system & my name had been dropped from the list or somtehing to that effect. Few hours later & it was sorted. :D
    Will ring them in a few minutes in that case. Might be the same with me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I rang em up yesterday about the missing 50 & they said there was some anomaly in the system & my name had been dropped from the list or somtehing to that effect. Few hours later & it was sorted. :D

Did you ring 1905 or the 1850 number especially for the trial?

The freephone number specifically for the trial, however it seemed to jsut redirect to the main cust services line. If you tell them its to do with the 3G trial though they'l put you onto the right person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Heh... imagine how unhappy i am..
    I went into Meteor to renew my contract. Got the new phone and was signed onto this trial. Was told i would get a call and also told about the 50/50 euro that i would receive. None of it has happened thus far and it has been 5 weeks since my visit...

My bill just arrived for 120 euro (usually 50euro) and there is no sign of any credit as promised and there is also no sign that the 3G charges i rendered have been refunded (i was told whatever i spent would be credited to my bill).

Unfortunately, this is not the first or even second time Meteor has screwed me over...

it didn't occur to you to call them at any stage during the 5 weeks? My friend wasn't set up properly after 48 hours like he was supposed to be so he called them and got himself set up and all his internet use since he'd been in the shop refunded

Heh...

I called into the shop about 5 days later and also 2 weeks ago and was told 'Sometimes it can take a while'. No doubt, fobbing me off.

I also called Meteor to speak to the 3G team and was given a number to call.. it led me back to normal customer care.
    But yes, maybe i should have called and called and called but i don't have the time to be chasing up on incompetence

yes the guy in the shop was fobbing you off. The number for the 3g team is 1800323085 and the few times i've called it i've got through to the dedicated 3g team. Maybe you selected the wrong option? Was that the number you were given?

Yeah that's the one i was given today.

I rang it and the girl told me i needed to speak to someone to request credits and to check i'm setup properly. She was about to give me the same number but i told her it was the one i just called. She said she'll ring me back once she's followed up on reimbursement so sounds promising

I found the first time I rang Meteor, I rang the normal customer care number and then when I said that I was having problems with the 3G trial they said they would redirect me to the 3g customer care. However, I was redirected to the regular customer care line so I just hung up and rang the 3G number and that was fine.

Rang again last night and got onto some foreign chap who spoke broken english. I told him my problem and from what I could understand he said something on long the lines that he had sent an email onto the admin team and that they would sort me out first thing in the morning. Nothing yet.

Update: Free data activated. No sign of credit yet or reimbursement of credit spent on data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Update: Free data activated. No sign of credit yet or reimbursement of credit spent on data.
    credit should be along soon enough then i guess. Mine came through the day after my free data was activated. So far my 3G signal is very patchy. How's everyone elses?

credit should be along soon enough then i guess. Mine came through the day after my free data was activated. So far my 3G signal is very patchy. How's everyone elses?
    Perfect around City Centre. Looses all 3G around Marino outwards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Suprisingly limited coverage alright, given that the trial's been going a while now what with the Billpay trial earlier and all.

• Advertisement

Perfect coverage here in Dun Laoghaire.

Hmm. No sign of mine yet actually, which is odd because I rang them before you did yesterday and they said I'd be set up first thing. No reimbursement of charges yet either.

Perfect around City Centre. Looses all 3G around Marino outwards :(

Same here in my experience. Ive yet to get that google maps my location thing (or the traffic thing) to work anywhere though.

So what apps are people downloading? So far Ive just got google maps & opera mini, both of which Id recommend.

Hmm. No sign of mine yet actually, which is odd because I rang them before you did yesterday and they said I'd be set up first thing. No reimbursement of charges yet either.

They must have more respect for me as a person.
    Same here in my experience. Ive yet to get that google maps my location thing (or the traffic thing) to work anywhere though.

So what apps are people downloading? So far Ive just got google maps & opera mini, both of which Id recommend.

Downloaded both of them but my phone is **** and wont run them. Have to give the java apps access to the internet but can't the option to do it!

Ballsbridge is perfect. Less so around Blackrock (well in my old house with thick walls at least).

As for apps, I've been using eBuddy a fair bit, which is brilliant. Tried the gmail application too but it's not really all that great. Opera mini is actually fantastic. Full web browing and the zoomy thing is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Is this available on Bill Pay at all right now?

I was told it was only prepay now and that bill pay ended 2 weeks ago.

dublad23 wrote: »
    Is this available on Bill Pay at all right now?

I was told it was only prepay now and that bill pay ended 2 weeks ago.
    Yeah, as far as I know the tests on Bill Pay are over (or at least closed to new testers). Should be open to PAYG customers for at least another week or so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Looses all 3G around Marino outwards :(

Damn!

What speeds are people getting? Just ran a test and got 441kbps

• Advertisement

What speeds are people getting? Just ran a test and got 441kbps
    Link for testing? It seems damn fast in general though.

EDIT: btw, was just on to meteor. Still delayed but should hopefully be set up with free data and credit between now and 7.30 tonight. Otherwise monday morning. Either way, all my data charges between now and then will be refunded.

Advertisement