Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prepay 3G trial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Meteor's going to love this thread :) Hit about 120 KB /sec in the city center around 8 am. Anyone know a reliable way of measuring speeds ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I know this thread is for pre-pay, but can you still sign up for it on bill pay?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Perfect around City Centre. Looses all 3G around Marino outwards :(
    EDIT: It seems to find 3G again around Artane :D
    long_b wrote: »
    Meteor's going to love this thread :) Hit about 120 KB /sec in the city center around 8 am. Anyone know a reliable way of measuring speeds ?
    I used this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

292097541.png

Edge speed test.

I'll edit this post and add the 3g one when i get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I used this.

or www.url.ie/hyu for anyone on a mobile.

EDIT: Just tried it there: 727 kbit/sec but I also got results saying "unstable/ too fast a result (1.234s) please choose a larger file (and that was for the 1mb test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

292182460.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Wow .. 7.2 mbit, which is faster than hutchinson 3 :-)

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I know this thread is for pre-pay, but can you still sign up for it on bill pay?

Just incase anyones interested, tried to sign up for the bill pay trial and was told they've finished signing people up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Just incase anyones interested, tried to sign up for the bill pay trial and was told they've finished signing people up.

For the pre pay trial ah crap, just got a new SE C902 and was hopin to go on this trial to test out the 3g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Get hsdpa speeds of up to 180kbps in ringsend. Regular fallback to edge. Looks like the hsdpa network is not working as it should here.

• Advertisement

Richie6904 wrote: »
    For the pre pay trial ah crap, just got a new SE C902 and was hopin to go on this trial to test out the 3g

You can still sign up for the prepay trial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

How do you do a speed test on your phone.

Just got 2.322/s on the 1meg file. Is that good?

There was a link a few posts back to a phone based one. EDIT: I see you found it

Or you can use it as a bluetooth modem and do a speed test on your PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Bluetooth is limited to around 60Kb/s so if you use it as a modem through bluetooth you will max out at this.

I posted results a few posts back. Just wondering if the are good?

Need more details Walkman.

What are letters after the figure ?

Mb or Kb ?

There were none. The reply said it was too fast and pick a bigger file but that was the biggest file available (the 1mg). Then the 2...../s.

I've had a similar message with that site before. I think it means the test didn't work at all. Even at the theoretical full tilt it should take a couple of seconds to download a 1 MB file.
    In practice no-one would ever get those speeds though. Anything over 100 kB/sec would have Meteor up there with the other operators, and much better than some .

Just got 1707kbps on 'slow' 3 not bad for a network which is supposedly saturated with users. Meteor with hardly any 3g users getting those speeds ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Credit still not recieved. I'll be ringing agaaaain soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Has this trial ended? :confused:

Bill pay trial has ended, the PAYG is still going tho.

Just got my 50€ credit! YAY!

Myself and TheAlmightyZeus just received our 50e credit.

Edit: Too slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

anyone successfully sign up for a trial in the blanchardstown shop?

Just got my 50€ credit! YAY!
    Myself and TheAlmightyZeus just received our 50e credit.

Me too.. :pac:

Whats this all about the credit at the start of the month? So that mean we get €60 in total?

Me too.. :pac:

Whats this all about the credit at the start of the month? So that mean we get €60 in total?

Yeh, we get another 10€ at the start of August :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Has anybody had a call or text asking them what they think yet? If so what did they ask, is it a long conversation?

Has anybody had a call or text asking them what they think yet? If so what did they ask, is it a long conversation?

Nothing yet, I think every two weeks randomly selected customers would get a call or text asking them about the service and how they've been getting on. I don't expect it to be too long, not alot of questions to ask really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

I got my €50 this morning too.

Now that I have free fast internet, what applications should I download to maximise the benefits of the free trial. I am using a SE K800i.

Advertisement