Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prepay 3G trial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

Alot of people have gotten eBuddy (Messenger client supporting MSN, AIM, Yahoo GTalk), Opera Mini (very good browser with some cool features) and Google Maps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I got my €50 this morning too.

Now that I have free fast internet, what applications should I download to maximise the benefits of the free trial. I am using a SE K800i.

Fring, Google Maps, Shoutcast, SIC!FTP, Mobitubia, PuTTY, Symtorrent.

Well these are for s60. Dunno what is available for SE.
    Anybody think of anything else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Will prepay trial customers get 50 euro in the end of the trial, as the postpay customers do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

flodis79 wrote: »
    Will prepay trial customers get 50 euro in the end of the trial, as the postpay customers do?
    Most of us seem to have gotten it already (during the trial). I got mine this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Most of us seem to have gotten it already (during the trial). I got mine this morning.

Yes, I also got €50 a few days ago, but contract customers also get €50 in the end of the trial, totalling €100 . Is it the same for prepaid customers?

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote: »
    Yes, I also got €50 a few days ago, but contract customers also get €50 in the end of the trial, totalling €100 . Is it the same for prepaid customers?
    Hmmm. Don't know. That'd be fairly sweet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

To get google maps and opera mini is there some particular site I go to, or do I go online on the phone for them? Are they java applications that I download to a PC and then bluetooth them over. Should I look for mobile versions. Apologies for all the questions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

To get google maps and opera mini is there some particular site I go to, or do I go online on the phone for them? Are they java applications that I download to a PC and then bluetooth them over. Should I look for mobile versions. Apologies for all the questions!

on the phone go to:

http://maps.google.com/gmm/

and http://mini.opera.com

you can leave out the http://

or if you want you can download opera mini to your pc and bluetooth them over but i don't think google maps allows that

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    on the phone go to:

http://maps.google.com/gmm/

and http://mini.opera.com

you can leave out the http://

or if you want you can download opera mini to your pc and bluetooth them over but i don't think google maps allows that

Makes me think that someone should start a thread and make a list of and links to all the really good Java apps. Sticky it too.

Makes me think that someone should start a thread and make a list of and links to all the really good Java apps. Sticky it too.

what a good idea :D

i got the link from this sticky:http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055194007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Has this trial ended?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

HSDPA speed test.
    293131042.png

(boards is being ghey and not allowing me edit my original post - stupid time limit)

How are you using Speedtest.net from your phone? Opera mini doesn't support flash.

How are you using Speedtest.net from your phone? Opera mini doesn't support flash.

he's probably using it plugged into his computer

Ah, I see. I guess it's too late in the afternoon for me to be thinking straight.

Yup :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

293164398.png

Here's mine, but how does it compare to the other networks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Bill pay trial has ended, the PAYG is still going tho.

Just got my 50€ credit! YAY!

Sweet. Can I sign up anywhere? I have the free texts for life thing, if I signed up would I lose that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

anything your signed up to will still hold. You can only sign up in certain stores. I know you can sign up in the meteor store on grafton street. I'm sure other boardsies will confirm more stores. [url]Http://trial.meteor.ie[/url] has all the details

anything your signed up to will still hold. You can only sign up in certain stores. I know you can sign up in the meteor store on grafton street. I'm sure other boardsies will confirm more stores. [URL]Http://trial.meteor.ie[/URL] has all the details

Yep I signed up in Dún Laoghaire.

This trial really does rock. I was on eBuddy on the Dart from Dún Laghaire to Blackrock yesterday and all the way up through Blackrock. Perfect connection, no problems! :D

• Advertisement

Just got a call from the Customer Care inquiring about my trial. At first I thought it was one of the feedback calls but instead it was just someone telling me about the feedback calls/texts I would be getting. He said that I would either be contacted by Meteor, Ericsson, who are running the 3G trial, or TNS, a third party, in regards to the trial and that was pretty much it.

Just got a call from the Customer Care inquiring about my trial. At first I thought it was one of the feedback calls but instead it was just someone telling me about the feedback calls/texts I would be getting. He said that I would either be contacted by Meteor, Ericsson, who are running the 3G trial, or TNS, a third party, in regards to the trial and that was pretty much it.
    I got one too, but i was on the bus and traveling outside of the 3g area, and so the call broke up :(

On a related note, can a phone switch from 3g to 2g or vice versa during a call or data session? Mine has yet to do it, but maybe some phones are capable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

If you move out of a 3g zone a video will break up and die, it wont automatically switch to a normal call. If you're in a data session it will just slow down but probably wont break.

Oh yeh thats what I forgot to say. They asked me to test out video calling with somebody and they will request feedback at a later date.

Oh yeh thats what I forgot to say. They asked me to test out video calling with somebody and they will request feedback at a later date.
    I've already been testing video calls. It works great from meteor to meteor because the speeds are fairly high so the quality's good. It's not as good when I call people on 3 for example because they're only 3g where meteor seem to be closer to 3 and a half.

Only problem is I don't have a camera on the front of my phone so I have to keep turning the phone around to let people see me.

If you move out of a 3g zone a video will break up and die, it wont automatically switch to a normal call. If you're in a data session it will just slow down but probably wont break.
    I am aware that EDGE cannot support a video call.

I was asking about a voice call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

Would not having the meteor data settings installed in the phone stop me uploading a picture to a website. What benefits are there to having the meteor data settings?

jmccrohan wrote:
    I am aware that EDGE cannot support a video call.

I was asking about a voice call.
    I'll check it out later. I tend to lose 3g and switch back to 2g every time I go downstairs when I'm at home.

Would not having the meteor data settings installed in the phone stop me uploading a picture to a website. What benefits are there to having the meteor data settings?
    More info? How? What? Where? and When?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

Looking back on this I can see that I was talking somewhat cryptically earlier. I am signed up for the 3G trial and I am using a K800i that has been debranded and unlocked from Vodafone. I have tried to download the settings from the meteor site but every time I receive the settings from Meteor Install? I get the message Validation Failed, Settings discarded. Calling Meteor customer care hasn't helped as whenever I ring they try the same thing, and I get the same message. The latest excuse is that the phone mightn't be supported, even though they show it as an option on their website. From assistance here in Boards I managed to get the MMS and WAP GPRS settings into the phone, and Sam Vimes has put up the data settings but I find it difficult to follow for a SE phone.

Up to now I have been able to use the internet applications that I've downloaded but when trying to upload a picture from the phone to pix.ie the upload process appears to work but the picture doesn't reach pix.ie. They are investigating why this is happening and they can see the upload attempt but no picture comes through. I am wondering now if this might be because I have no data settings in the phone. But maybe its something else altogether.

Advertisement