Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor prepay 3G trial

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Up to now I have been able to use the internet applications that I've downloaded but when trying to upload a picture from the phone to pix.ie the upload process appears to work but the picture doesn't reach pix.ie. They are investigating why this is happening and they can see the upload attempt but no picture comes through. I am wondering now if this might be because I have no data settings in the phone. But maybe its something else altogether.
    Is it a upload applet or a simple form based uploader?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭leche solara

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Is it a upload applet or a simple form based uploader?

Not really sure but its described on the site as a HTML based uploader. You browse your computer, or phone in this case, and select teh picture to upload. A progress bar shows the upload taking place, but when its says upload complete the picture has not actually uploaded.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Not really sure but its described on the site as a HTML based uploader. You browse your computer, or phone in this case, and select teh picture to upload. A progress bar shows the upload taking place, but when its says upload complete the picture has not actually uploaded.
    Yea, i dunno what the problem is.. but it isnt meteor's problem anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it might be because you don't have the data settings. Some stuff doesn't work properly through the proxy on the wap access point. What part of the guide are you having trouble with? Or is it just that you put the settings in as you thought they should be and it didn't work?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    it might be because you don't have the data settings. Some stuff doesn't work properly through the proxy on the wap access point. What part of the guide are you having trouble with? Or is it just that you put the settings in as you thought they should be and it didn't work?

I didnt put in the data settings because they didnt seem to correlate with what i was seeing on my k800

• Advertisement

I didnt put in the data settings because they didnt seem to correlate with what i was seeing on my k800

there was a mistake in the top line (i forgot to put in data accounts, it's there below), but otherwise, i have just followed this guide on a k800i and set up the data account:

menu->settings->connectivity->data communication->data accounts
    and delete all meteor related accounts. then:

->new account->ps data

name: meteor data
    apn: data.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: meteor

press save

click on meteor data

scroll down to authentication.
    untick None and CHAP, leaving only PAP selected

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->internet profiles
    ->new profile

connect using: meteor data

press save

select meteor data from the list

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java

what network are you on? it's possible but very very unlikely that your phone has a different menu structure if it has non-standard firmware. at what point does the list stop corresponding to your menu structure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭TheAlmightyZeus

You can get the Meteor DATA settings sent to your phone from mymeteor.ie now, well thats what I'm seeing anyway.

You can get the Meteor DATA settings sent to your phone from mymeteor.ie now, well thats what I'm seeing anyway.
    Meteor DATA = isp.mymeteor.ie?

Meteor DATA = isp.mymeteor.ie?

nope. meteor data is data.mymeteor.ie but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference

nope. meteor data is data.mymeteor.ie but it doesn't make a whole lot of difference
    Is there any differences? Isn't isp.mymeteor full port access anyways?

• Advertisement

there was a mistake in the top line (i forgot to put in data accounts, it's there below), but otherwise, i have just followed this guide on a k800i and set up the data account:

and delete all meteor related accounts. then:

->new account->ps data

apn: data.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: meteor

press save

click on meteor data

scroll down to authentication.
    untick None and CHAP, leaving only PAP selected

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->internet profiles
    ->new profile

connect using: meteor data

press save

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java

what network are you on? it's possible but very very unlikely that your phone has a different menu structure if it has non-standard firmware. at what point does the list stop corresponding to your menu structure?

Thanks for that those settings went in fine. Do i reinstall opera mini for it to work with the new settings or will it automatically switch

Is there any differences? Isn't isp.mymeteor full port access anyways?

i don't know if there are any differences on the back end but i haven't noticed any difference in speed or anything really. the settings are also identical except for switching isp->data
    Thanks for that those settings went in fine. Do i reinstall opera mini for it to work with the new settings or will it automatically switch

the part where you changed the settings for java will make opera work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Just got 1729kbps using a k660 on 3. Have tried the test many times before that but kept getting a reply test too fast. What does this mean?

New data settings are now in but picture still wont upload to pix.ie. Problem must be at their end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

New data settings are now in but picture still wont upload to pix.ie. Problem must be at their end
    Not working for me either. Might ask a question in the pix.ie thread in photography.

Not working for me either. Might ask a question in the pix.ie thread in photography.

Good idea. I sent them an email the other night when this happened first and they say they can see the upload attempt but then nothing arrives. Good if another person reports it

Does it work when you use your phone as a modem? If it does then it is a browser issue.

Haven't tried yet and didn't bring any laptop or internet tablet to work today. Could well be an opera only problem, but trying the Nokia browser wouldn't even load the site.

I just successfully uploaded a photo to pix.ie using the Opera Mini browser. First time I tried I got a java.out.of.memory error just went back and hit upload again and it uploaded.

78D11BBAAF0845F6977589451D6437CF-500.jpg

:D

Actually it's working for me now as well. Nice.

• Advertisement

Sorted! Now.. back to meteor problems.. oh wait.. there are none :pac:

Sorted! Now.. back to meteor problems.. oh wait.. there are none :pac:

:D:D:D:D:D

I finally got it to work. Just uploaded one now. On the previous occasions when it failed I was selecting the picture then choosing the album to put it in. When I did this the upload began before I even got down to the upload button.
    This time I skipped picking an album and went straight to the upload button and it worked. Then went into pix and put it into the album I wanted.

Can someone else try selecting an album first and see if the upload starts before the upload button is pressed just to confirm that this is what was causing the failures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

A few questions..............

It was mentioned u shud wait 48hrs b4 u shud use it. but will it work b4 these are up?

I have a samsung soul (u900) which i bought on ebay it was on O2 in uk but has been unlocked, would this work if i joined?
    Having set the wap seting to those shown in another forum i still cud not connect, now i know there is a diff between wap and 3g but would i incounter simular prob if i joined.

hope yous can help
    ComplyOrDie

A few questions..............

It was mentioned u shud wait 48hrs b4 u shud use it. but will it work b4 these are up?

Having set the wap seting to those shown in another forum i still cud not connect, now i know there is a diff between wap and 3g but would i incounter simular prob if i joined.

ComplyOrDie

To answer your first question if you use the Meteor internet before you are fully registered you will be charged for usage and its not cheap.

You will find the correct settings in this thread posted by Sam Vimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Posting from via Opera Mini on my Nokia e61! Thanks Meteor! Don't give a hoot about the free credit! Just glad to finally have data access on the move. Could never justify going bill pay to get Data. Will do a speed test and edit with results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Posting from via Opera Mini on my Nokia e61! Thanks Meteor! Don't give a hoot about the free credit! Just glad to finally have data access on the move. Could never justify going bill pay to get Data. Will do a speed test and edit with results.

nice. E61 is a good phone, i don't want to sell mine even though I have an E51.

i never liked the idea of having to get a bill phone so I could get a decent data package - especially after all those stories of people having to pay 40,000 euro bills. if you sign a contract they got you by the balls - they are all non-negotiable and written to cover the network's arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

You will find the correct settings in this thread posted by Sam Vimes

Its impossible to find any info in a thread this long!

Signed up today in Grafton St. (thanks whoever told me it was still on yesterday!) the guy asked if I had heard about the trial from boards too. Another 24 hours to go but yes I would hate to have to go bill just for data.

Be greatful you arent looking for something in this thread ;)

• Advertisement

search the thread for posts made by me with the text data.mymeteor.ie in it. Tell the search to show results as posts, not threads

the instructions show the menu structure of a sony ericsson. It'll be different on your phone but the information to be entered is the same

Advertisement