Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apogee Rosetta & Logic latency

Options
  • 25-06-2008 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Any takers?

Before I write this thread I think I might know what the problem is. According to Apogee I need the http://www.soundpure.com/showProduct.do?id=1038

The problem I am having is simply latency. I have my Rosetta >> Portico mic pre>> 002 via S/PDIF coax and in Pro tools there is no latency everything works sweet.

When I booted logic tonight I was getting a clean line input from my microphone but even at 64 samples there was crazy latency. So is it a case that if I want to use Apogee in Logic I must purchase the x-firewire card?

I will also add that in the logic manual it states that if no Apogee hardware is found you will be unable to access the apogee control panel under the options menu, hence I was unable to access the apogee control menu.

Thanks to all and sorry for the trouble
    There is always something!
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

dav nagle wrote: »
    Any takers?

Before I write this thread I think I might know what the problem is. According to Apogee I need the http://www.soundpure.com/showProduct.do?id=1038

The problem I am having is simply latency. I have my Rosetta >> Portico mic pre>> 002 via S/PDIF coax and in Pro tools there is no latency everything works sweet.

When I booted logic tonight I was getting a clean line input from my microphone but even at 64 samples there was crazy latency. So is it a case that if I want to use Apogee in Logic I must purchase the x-firewire card?

I will also add that in the logic manual it states that if no Apogee hardware is found you will be unable to access the apogee control panel under the options menu, hence I was unable to access the apogee control menu.

Thanks to all and sorry for the trouble
    There is always something!
    D

Call me tomorrow Chief!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Call me tomorrow Chief!

Sweet nice one brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

You get that sorted?
    What OS you on Dav? And version of Logic. Read something very briefly yesterday about DAE problems with Logic set up when used with certain versions of PT 7.3. ie the PT set up of the DAE. Am I making sense here?

Anyway lettuce know.
    D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

studiorat wrote: »
    You get that sorted?
    What OS you on Dav? And version of Logic. Read something very briefly yesterday about DAE problems with Logic set up when used with certain versions of PT 7.3. ie the PT set up of the DAE. Am I making sense here?

Anyway lettuce know.
    D.

Tiger 10.4.11

Pro tools is running fine, no problems there it's the latest up date of logic, I think I need a x fire card to communicate info from rosetta to computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

• Advertisement
Advertisement