Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best areas of Dublin to rent in?

Options
  • 25-06-2008 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

And where needs to be avoided?

How about Clontarf, Irish town, Dollymount and Inchicore?

(Just looked like good locations on the map)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cork St, Dublin 8 would be my advise. Live around the corner from it myself. Inchincore is good you have the Luas and several bus routes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

It would be best if you gave us a price range we could work with and tell us more about your requirements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Can of worms opening here! Wouldn't recommend living on a beach either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

LOL @ Dollymount :D

ohnoes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Dub13 wrote: »
    It would be best if you gave us a price range we could work with and tell us more about your requirements.

Yup, your budget will probably dictate the location choices.

Personally I'm in the process of moving from Rathmines (D6) to Spencer Dock (D1) to be closer to the city centre where I work, and because I want to be within walking distance of that and Buses/Rail back home (Dundalk)

Rent prices are generally coming down as well.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Dord wrote: »
    LOL @ Dollymount :D

ohnoes.jpg

Dollymount is actually the name of an area just off the Clontarf road,Dollymount Pk,Dollymount Ave etc.However you'll find almost nothing to rent there and its crap for shops,transport etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭Clink

I'd say Drumcondra. Cheaper than the south side, easy stroll into town. Lots of good places to eat and pubs and free tickets to Croke park if you happen to live close enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Really depends where you'll be working.
    No point renting in Dundrum of you're working in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Affable wrote: »
    And where needs to be avoided?

oh for goodness sake not another one of these....
    :rolleyes:

What's your price range? start from there....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Clonskeah, the Ranelagh end, used to rent there and loved every minute of it, fantastic location.

• Advertisement
Advertisement