Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social partnership

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭

i see david begg on the news this evening irate at the idea that public servants are being asked to accept a pay freeze as suggested by IBEC
    i realise this guy is a paid mouth piece for the unions but where does he get the balls to brazenly demand a pay rise while thousands of workers around the country are being let go off building sites

i realise that part of being a public servant is having a massive sense of entitlement but its just not funny any more now that the celtic tiger is now a pussy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

Part of his brazen approach may come from the pay hikes of 25k for ministers and 40k for An Taoiseach; you lose a lot of moral authority giving yourself fat raises like that in a chilly economic climate.

Advertisement