Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ucd hdip

• 25-06-2008 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi I'm doing my hdip in ucd this year and I received my timetable from the school today. I have only been given 4 periods of my main subject, I'm trying to find the info ucd sent me in April because I was sure it said we need to teach our main subject at least 5 times a week, can anyone tell me if this is true?
    Also, I haven't heard anything from ucd since I sent away all those documents in May, is everyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sammylouth

Hi Scut,

In the information from UCD it says that you need to teach not less than 4 hours 30 mins. It says you should ensure that you have 5 class periods per week in your 1st subject and at least 2 class periods per week in your 2nd subject.
    I am doing the hdip in UCD as well and I havent received any information since I sent back all the forms they required.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭MissLe

Hey, Am also doing the dip in ucd. Your lucky you've got your timetable, don't think I'm getting mine till August! Hopefully they'll be able to give you another class in your first subject perhaps?? Also haven't received anything from ucd, I think with the last stuff it said that we'd get more info in July. Heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kingkev100

hi all, i just finished my h dip in ed in ucd recently. i had been teaching in a school for the year as well. however, i was only teaching 5 class periods in my main subject and no class periods in my minor subject. does this mean that i am now only qualified to teach my main subject and not my minor subject. no body in ucd seemed bothered that i had no hours in a second subject and i never was inspected in a second subject either!
    please advise me asap
    lisa b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

kingkev100 wrote: »
    hi all, i just finished my h dip in ed in ucd recently. i had been teaching in a school for the year as well. however, i was only teaching 5 class periods in my main subject and no class periods in my minor subject. does this mean that i am now only qualified to teach my main subject and not my minor subject. no body in ucd seemed bothered that i had no hours in a second subject and i never was inspected in a second subject either!
    please advise me asap
    lisa b

I wouldn't think so. If you got supervised visits and nobody in UCD said anything then you are fine. How did you get supervised in your second subject though???

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kingkev100

thanks for your reply... i never taught my second degree subject nor was i ever supervised in it. i just put it on my form, claiming i did teach it when i never did nor ever supervised in it.If i am eligible to teach this second subject, then what to stop me writing any subject on my hdip form.
    I have a degree in my second subject but never did any hdip teaching hours in it nor was supervised in it!!! woops!
    so, am i still allowed to teach this second subject without having any hdip hours/supervisions in it??
    i went to ucd btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't see what difference it will make. I only had hours in one of my subjects apart from the odd class when other teachers were out and I am a qualified teacher of both subjects, and registered with the teaching council. You'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

OP im doing it in maynooth this september, but I also have heard nothing. This seems to be the norm, as I've asked around, and everyone else is the same.

However, does anyone find it a bit wrong that after submitting a 260euro deposit, a garda vetting form and proof of TP school, that we hear NOTHING. Not even a "thank you, your payment has been received." ?

Advertisement