Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Going into 6th year!

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello! I read about this site in the paper when it talked about that Salman guy... anyway looks like a good site.

I'm going into 6th year. I'm doing:

Maths (O)
    Applied Maths (O)
    Irish (H)
    English (H)
    French (H)
    Business (H)
    Accounting (H)
    History (H)

I haven't worked hard in 5th year. I am smart... I just didn't get down to work. I'm panicking a little because of that. I'm doing all higher except Maths and Applied Maths. I'm not sure about Irish.

I'm have to get my SRS done for History in 3 weeks at the most (because of holidays, etc).

Is there any techniques you would have for learning each particular subject?

Anyway I hope I get can get some advice. Well done to all who did their Leaving Cert. :) Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Drop to ordinary Irish if you are unsure, judging by your other subjects you wont need to count the points and if you lasted untill 5th year with higher you are looking at an A.

Other than that, dont stress yourself out. Its not all its cracked up to be.

Finished 13 days ago and its the best feeling ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I found the best thing to do is the exam papers. Just keep doing them, the SEC are lazy and often use the same types of questions.

In terms of note taking, I would highly recommend mind maps for for histroy, I did do history but dropped it as our teacher was crap!

All in all good luck and sure if you need any more help you can always PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Relax and enjoy the summer for God's sake!!!!! :) Deal with it in September,you can't do anything now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I agree with eroo, I think you should enjoy your summer, and when you come back in September start thinking about your battleplan then. Personally I only studied before each exam period for about 2 weeks, however if you want very high points 500+ you will need to work throughout the year methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Thanks for the replies so far. :)
    eroo wrote: »
    Relax and enjoy the summer for God's sake!!!!! :) Deal with it in September,you can't do anything now.
    Wish I could! I've to have my SRS (History) and 'Document' (French) done by September. I've only a few weeks of free time to do these anyway so doubt I'll be doing much study. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭yay_for_summer

For accounting, don't leave it to the last minute, whatever you do. Do a few questions a week from september, especially Q1 if you plan on doing it in the exam. Even if you understand it all and don't have much trouble with any particular type of accounts, you reeeeeally need to practise to keep the timing down. It used to take me over 70 mins to do Q1 at the start of 6th year and you really don't have that much time to play around with in that exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tyson12

Look don't worry about it. I did hardly any study during the year, only my homework. If your smart, as you say you are, you'll be fine. I packed in study each day before each of my exams (i'm not advising this, i'm just saying) and at an estimate i'll still get around da 500. And i'm no feking Einstein either. I even had Glandular fever for 3 months before. Its honestly not all its cracked up to be!

If i was to give one tip though i would say be realistic with your goals (don't say to yourself that your going to do 8 hours study during the weekend if you know your not going to.)

P.S. Please don,t anyone start replying giving out. I'm just giving my personal experience.

Advertisement