Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Cleaning

Options
  • 25-06-2008 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Just wanting to know from the techies on here... where is the best place to get those tins of compressed air for blowing out laptop heatsinks.

I normally get them in pc world/currys but its getting a bit pricey at €17.99 a tin! - can anyone point me to a better place online/shop to get these?

Thanks for any info!

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Could ye give particular brands a mention too, as i think their rubbish. I'm looking for a good one. My past experience I think your better off removing the head sink and cleaning it with a unused paint brush

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I would not use compresed air. it just moves the dust and crap elsewhere in the machine. use a vacuum cleaner and a painters (artists) brush to dislodge the dust build up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Removing the fan in the laptop i have is easily done... but removing the heatsink is not.

I have done it a couple of times over the past couple of years and it is very time consuming!

I do use a vacuum cleaner, but find that it doesnt remove all clogged dust.

Must try the artist brush though... that might be easier to get into the removed fan area.

Advertisement