Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest Case Idea for a mod

• 25-06-2008 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Ok ive got this case a few years now and am finally getting around to doing something with it, im just looking for some ideas from people.

you are probably wondering what it is, its basicly a High security pc case known as a tempest acronym for "Transient Electromagnetic Pulse Emanation Standard" basicly its built for the complete paranoids.

heres a linky about them Linky

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hanky

Heres a Pic of the Side cover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

oh sweeet!! is it standerd ATX? where did you get your hands on it? it must weight a tonne! , make it look like a safe :D

Ah i got it from a company i was doing work for a few years back they didnt mind as long as i destroyed the hard drive, ya its a standard ATX motherboard mountings actually everything is pretty much standard parts it even came with a fibre nic, and ya it weighs a lot i reckon a sledge hammer would take a while to get into it, only problem i see is the interfaces eg. usb and the like but i might make up a new back plate to change them to standard connections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

hanky wrote: »
    Ah i got it from a company i was doing work for a few years back they didnt mind as long as i destroyed the hard drive, ya its a standard ATX motherboard mountings actually everything is pretty much standard parts it even came with a fibre nic, and ya it weighs a lot i reckon a sledge hammer would take a while to get into it, only problem i see is the interfaces eg. usb and the like but i might make up a new back plate to change them to standard connections

yeah it looks pretty solid...... maybe replacing the sidepanels with acrylic or something drastic like that? or sand parts and hit it a few times with a mallet make it look like its been tried to get into? just throwing ideas out here ha

papu wrote: »
    yeah it looks pretty solid...... maybe replacing the sidepanels with acrylic or something drastic like that? or sand parts and hit it a few times with a mallet make it look like its been tried to get into? just throwing ideas out here ha

lol cheers thats what im looking for im completely stumped maybe a safe rotary dial put on the front in place of the keyhole

• Advertisement
Advertisement