Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scopes

Options
  • 25-06-2008 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

lads in your own opinion...what is the best scope for a .223 target rifle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

patbundy wrote: »
    lads in your own opinion...what is the best scope for a .223 target rifle?
    how much you going to spend pat

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭patbundy

just looking for opinions jw,i know what i love to get.just trying to get this forum back on track:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I have a Leupold VXIII 6.5x20x50 on my swift and a mark 4 leupold 4.5-16x40 on my 22lr 2 x lovely bits of glass. Either would be sweet on a 223

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

If I had to choose just one target scope it would be S&B PMII or the nightforce 8-32

I have a 12-42 nightforce but A) You don't really need 42x mag and B) the others have more MOA adjustments

Actually bullets off here has a leupold and that's a lovely scope, I'd have no hesitation in buying one after using his

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

i have a Zeiss 5x20x50 on my .243 and its a great scope crystal clear

• Advertisement

very nice scopes lads. vegeta the s&b is the one i love to get, bs your earning too much :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

I have a Leupold VXIII 6.5x20x50 on my swift and a mark 4 leupold 4.5-16x40 on my 22lr 2 x lovely bits of glass. Either would be sweet on a 223

should of gone to specsavers;);)

have to agree with Pat definatley earning to much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

patbundy wrote: »
    very nice scopes lads. vegeta the s&b is the one i love to get, bs your earning too much :D:D:D

There's been a few for sale here lately and I was very very tempted to buy one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I think myself that up to a grand, Its hard to beat a zeiss conquest 6.5-20X50, than after that a police marksman would be top of the range. I'd love a police marksman too, but I'm saving for a nice pair of binos.

I've a simmons whitetail classic on a T3 Tactical in 223. I have it the last 8 years and its a good budget scope. The rifle is only used for lamping so light gathering ability wouldn't be top on my list of priorities.

true pm and jonty they are nice,nothing wrong with a simmons jonty i have 1. jonty get a job like bs if you want the binos:D:D:D. have anyone got a rare or unusual scope,pictures of it please if you can.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Ah, I'm lucky workwise, but you develop expensive tastes, Bunny Shooter can confirm

one can only dream.dam my wish list is getting bigger by the day:D:D:D. might have to take out a fourth loan on the house:D:D:D;).jonty i never met bunny

Advertisement