Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old books Info?

• 25-06-2008 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hello. I have a collection of books which I was given as a present. There Is a set of around 24.. all numbered. The publisher Is Caxton Publishing Company, Limited. Clun House, Surrey street.
    The books are Charles Dickens, The london edition.

I included a picture of the number, book 12 is pictured. I just would like to know what the 4397 means? Is it the total of books printed? Thanks very much :)

dpp1268gz3.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

Does no answer mean its a rare occurane :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭ODD-JOB

LOL,.... I think this place is just not very heavily populated :)

Em ,... Firstly I think what we need to see is the covers and binding of the set ,leather would be ideal . They need to be attractive too , a hell of a lot of the time these book sets are merely used to fill large expensive bookcases !!

Give an indication of the size of the books (dimensions) ... It looks early 1900's ish from the image .
    So prob not of any significant value .
    But im no expert to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭stewiegriffin08

Thank you very much for replying! :)

I will post back here with more details in a while. cheers lol

Advertisement