Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo sheds 1200-2000 jobs

Options
  • 26-06-2008 1:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭

Obviously not as much as the workers, but I find this painful to take! Reckon Volvo are on a slippery slope now. US economy seems to be getting most of the blame but I can't help but wonder if things like the C30/70 are to blame. Having said that, the S80/V70 - almost brand new still - aren't selling anywhere it seems. As I mentioned in some of the previous threads, reckon volvo have alienated a lot of their core buyers which is a shame.

Hard to believe its gotten to this point - only 4 or 5 years ago, Volvo was keeping the Premier thing afloat and offsetting losses from LR and Jag. Apparently they couldn't build enough XC90s either.

Now talk of BMW taking over - or some Chinese firms.

I am now going to go and read about how amazing the 740 was when it was first launched and wave my Volvo flag outside my window.

Pity Ford got them alright... but suppose Renault mergers were no better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I got this thread wrong, I thought Volvo had started making sheds, and were looking for workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I got this thread wrong, I thought Volvo had started making sheds, and were looking for workers.
    +1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Thing is both Volvo and Saab - as brands - should be more in tune with the environmentally aware, caring-and-sharing zeitgeist of the moment than big, aggressive BMWs and Audis.

But they just haven't got the sexy product...

Advertisement