Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some fscker did this to the car half an hour ago

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

My sympathies OP, I hate this crap. Little scumbags with no outlet in life other than doing this for sh1ts and giggles or to impress their friends.

Similar thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of my car alarm. Looked out the bedroom window to find a hole in my rear screen and a rock sitting on the parcel shelf. Total begrudging [EMAIL="bast@rds"]bast@rds[/EMAIL], hope they die a slow painful death and then rot in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Fortunately Quinn are covering the cost of the windscreen. Just waiting now on someone from Allied Irish Windscreens (Quinn's choice) to call. Rain has been getting into the car through the epicentre of the blast, so I've had to cover the car.

I can't believe how lucky I've been on this. There is no damage to any panels or paintwork. Well nothing that won't polish out anyway.

One neighbour said he saw someone running up the road and around the corner, but in reality it makes no difference, they've gotten away with it.

@99er, ya, plan is to sell the VTI. Still driving it as the IMA isn't VRTed yet and is parked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

man that sucks :mad:

Although you could always insist to Autoglass that it's smaller than a 2 euro coin so their magical liquid can fix it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sorry to hear JHMEG, some people are animals and should be caged. I'd say it was best you didn't catch them, I know if I caught someone doing that there would likely be a life lost, either mine or theirs. Best thing to do is put it behind you, Quinn will fix it and she should be good as new, thinking about it will only wreck your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Sorry to hear OP :mad:. Would be great if found out what scum did this. Anyway hope you can get it sorted without any hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Thankfully they didnt get your body work.

Consider getting a sensor (SteiniL the best) / flood light and a web cam on record set up looking at your drive way lest they return.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I know exactly how you feel. I came out of my house in Cork one morning to find the rear passenger door of my Punto completely staved in (I had to get a replacement door from a scrapyard). Then, about a year ago, when staying overnight in a hotel, someone side-swiped the front passenger door. A local garage was able to pull out some of the dings, but it's not perfect. No contact in either instance. Talk about bad luck.

dudara wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel. I came out of my house in Cork one morning to find the rear passenger door of my Punto completely staved in (I had to get a replacement door from a scrap yard). Then, about a year ago, when staying overnight in a hotel, someone side-swiped the front passenger door. A local garage was able to pull out some of the dings, but it's not perfect. No contact in either instance. Talk about bad luck.

In separate instances in different locations:

1) Rear ended by learner driver / reverses out of drive way and presumes nothing there. - note left as was across from his house.
    2) Side impacted - driver in rush for boat reversed across a road and smashed in a wing - note left as was across from his house.
    3) Vandal kicked in two doors. - I had to pay

1 - 3 same car over a year.

Had a car 10 days 3 months ago, L driver lost control of an auto car and wrote mine off.
    - note left - there were cameras in the underground. Decent salt he was.

If it happens once out side a house its sensor / flood light time (<100 euros for parts) and if possible a camera.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

absolute scumbags.

Same thing happened to my friend. Some little knacker picked up a rock and put her back window in for no reason. one of the neighbours as on the phone to the police to complain about a gang hanging around and seen it happen.

They are all little animals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Anyone support the idea of the return of flogging? Can we stop blathering on about human rights and give people who do this sort of thing a bloody good hiding?:mad:

• Advertisement

ART6 wrote: »
    Anyone support the idea of the return of flogging? Can we stop blathering on about human rights and give people who do this sort of thing a bloody good hiding?:mad:

It costs circa 100K PA per prisoner (its way too much $ to incaracate) and chain gangs cleaning river banks etc cant be done due to insurance reasons I hear.

Then again if you put 1000s of houses in the same place (your mates are builders and will give you a few $) with FA recreational planning you end up teenagers with idle hands off their heads. Politicians / planners didnt respect the people when they got back hander’s to sign off on these plans and perhaps we are reaping what has been sown for us?

Nothing to do and nothing will happen if you put someones window in.

They should of course be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

worded wrote: »
    Consider getting a sensor (SteiniL the best) / flood light and a web cam on record set up looking at your drive way lest they return.
    +1. The worst thing about that sort of thing is that nobody ever gets caught, and that's precisely why people keep doing this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Hate seeing these kinds of stories, far too common :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Sorry to see this, people who do this sort of thing should be tied to the back of the car and driven over gravel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Boots09

Hard luck OP somethin similar happened to my car last year luckily Quinn covered it for me 2 but i was disgusted for days over it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Jesus man thats bad.

My missus had her ITR broken into outside my house. 3 fools broke the passenger window and tried bending back all the doors. Neighbour saw them and called me, I ran out, got descriptions and went looking, found where they lived. Rang the gardai at 11.30pm, told they would be straight down. Rang about 15 times during the night until about 7a.m. each time being told the car was on its way into the estate to me. WHen they arrived they said they couldn't do anything as the lads were all under 17 and would just get slaps on the wrist.
    A few days/weeks later I heard that they got caught robbing a car the same night. Only thing was the guy that caught them was about 6'5 built like a tank and really loved his car. Heard they were left in a bad way.

Karma always wins in the end man so don't let it get to you but grin that one day they will get something like above happen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jonny24ie wrote: »
    A few days/weeks later I heard that they got caught robbing a car the same night. Only thing was the guy that caught them was about 6'5 built like a tank and really loved his car. Heard they were left in a bad way.
    I hope you did the right thing, and sent him a "thank you" card :D:cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement