Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

More Metal

• 26-06-2008 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

I've currently been listening to Into Eternity, Dope, Bullet for my Vallentine, Atreyu and The Fall of Troy. Anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Illuvatar wrote: »
    I've currently been listening to Into Eternity, Dope, Bullet for my Vallentine, Atreyu and The Fall of Troy. Anything else would be greatly appreciated.
    Anything else? That's a bit of a wide request :). Are you looking for any sort of metal or bands that sound like the ones that you have just mentioned?

Here are a few bands off the top of my head:

Decadence
    Mygrain
    Sonic Syndicate

Decadence and Sonic Syndicate both do some good dual guitar harmony lines. Mygrain feature more synths and stuff so if that's your thing, check them out! Actually, check them out anyway, they are well worth it ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Illuvatar wrote: »

==>Bullet for my Valentine aren't metal, stadium rock maybe, but not metal.

Try Carcass, in particular the album 'Heartwork'.

ZakAttak wrote: »
    Bullet for my Valentine aren't metal, stadium rock maybe, but not metal.
    Here is a link describing stadium rock. I have to admit I didn't even know it existed as a classification :). The article mentions:
    ...bands such as The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and The Who...Boston, Styx, Foreigner, Journey, Queen, Peter Frampton, (Phil Collins-era) Genesis, Heart, REO Speedwagon, Cheap Trick, Asia, Kansas, Bon Jovi, KISS and Aerosmith
    Are you seriously comparing Bullet For My Valentine to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Basically bands that sound like the ones I just mentioned. But I'm always looking for new bands. So just shoot me names and I'll look them up. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

[Are you seriously comparing Bullet For My Valentine to them?[/quote]

==>Some of them yeah,those are bands who filled out stadiums-not necessarily stadium rock,which is a genre of music itself. Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Motley Crue- that sort of sh1te are what Bullet... are like. Big singalong choruses and songs about how difficult it is 'being out on the road'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

ZakAttak wrote: »

Big singalong choruses and songs about how difficult it is 'being out on the road'.

Like Whiplash by Metallica?

Okay, just so this thread doesn't descend into another Are They Metal thread, I'm going to leave ZakAttak's debate there. I would have thought that the screaming vocals, distorted guitars, guitar solos, usage of double bass drums and generally fast tempos of Bullet For My Valentine songs made them metal rather than rock but, whatever, I suppose everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Illuvatar, something else you could try is Music Map. Just out of interest I checked it with Bullet For My Valentine and got some interesting results such as Trivium, [URL="|http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=21266756"]God Forbid[/URL], Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall so maybe you should check them out too :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Illuvatar

Thanks I'll look them up as well. I do like Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall. My friend just informed me of a site called Pandora.com I guess you type in a band and it will play other bands similar to them. It's somewhat of a radio station online, but you choose the type.
    And as for ZakAttak"s comments on "stadium rock" it seems like a fancy name for classic rock (which I like a lot). And I can't put Bullet For My Vallentine in that genre...sorry. But as malice said "everyone's entitled to their opinion".

Advertisement