Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC 2009

Options
  • 26-06-2008 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭

I can't wait!!!

Did fook all during 5th year but read bits and pieces and with the recession due any day now I've suddenly become motivated, for the first time since 2nd year, to obtain the education I should :pac:

Hate all these 'cheating' threads though, FFS how do these fools who cheat and knowingly deprive honest students their future, arrrrggggghhhh

Anyway, back to the books for me now, nearly finished 1 of my 4 history books :D

Rant Over.

Bring on LC 2009, I'm going to take you ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Good luck keano ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's still Summer ffs :rolleyes:

Screw LC 09, for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yes I did f*ck all in 5th year too, got a dreadful summer report.

But for now I'm just gonna enjoy the summer - it's the last summer of secondary school we've got really!

I'll get my act together when September rolls round... hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I wasn't too bad in 5th year I did all the work but I didn't put in any extra study.
    Got a b3 in honours english and b3 in honours geog. rest of my subjects I got c's.

English - (H)
    Maths - (H)
    Irish - (O)
    French - (H)
    Geography - (H)
    Biology - (H)
    Home Ec - (H)

I think im going to drop maths so I'll have two pass subjects. I'll try not to drop Biology though. Every thing else I'm fine with.

I was going to relax this summer but I started up a dog sitting business in May and it's really kicked off I've earned about €500 from it. Hope to have €1000 by the end of summer. I passed my theroy test so am applying for my provisional!

I know the courses I want to do. Orginally I wasn't going to go to college but now I'm going to do a fetac level 5 one year course (maybe two of them) if I dont get this media course in Collaiste Duhliagh (sp?)

I guess the studying will start in Sept!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

blue-army wrote: »
    Good luck keano ;)
    haha sup whore :D

Lucky bastad, finished now!

Got my 5th year summer results today!

History(H) - 98%
    Economics(H) - 89%
    French(H) - 85%
    Business(H) - 80%
    English(H) - 65% :( (well for 9 pages of bull **** and an answer which I entitled "bs" I can't complain too much :D
    Irish(O) - 65%
    Maths(O) - didn't study = no comment - shivers

So not as much work to be done over summer as I thought.

Anyone else dreading the history course, I like the subject but FFS it's tough!

K4t wrote: »
    Anyone else dreading the history course, I like the subject but FFS it's tough!

How can you dread it when you got 98%?!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

kmart6 wrote: »
    How can you dread it when you got 98%?!:confused:
    Yeah suppose, just loads of 6th years say it's extremely long and somewhat of a lottery.

Some fella from the Institute said he learned 40 essays (each around 4 pages long) God I hate those guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

ssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's summer. Think about it come August 27th (I'm back in school in August, tis bollock).

*Just remembers his promise about starting to study on Monday*.

ssssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's summer. Think about it come August 27th (I'm back in school in August, tis bollock).

*Just remembers his promise about starting to study on Monday*.
    And you started a thread about this the other day so can't be telling others to 'ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'...lol!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

kmart6 wrote: »
    And you started a thread about this the other day so can't be telling others to 'ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'...lol!:D

Right see I have an excuse, I started the other day so I'm prepared and organised for studying.:D

*strolls away with a big grin on his face*

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Don't study over summer unless you enjoy it, therefore don't study.
    Its a very long year! You need all the energy you can get !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tyson12

Don't study over summer unless you enjoy it, therefore don't study.
    Its a very long year! You need all the energy you can get !

I agree! I just finished my L.C (said i would rub it in), and I personally think studying over the summer is f**king crazy! No one on earth could/should study during holidays. In fact that's why they are called "holidays". Pace yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

Tyson12 wrote: »
    I agree! I just finished my L.C (said i would rub it in), and I personally think studying over the summer is f**king crazy! No one on earth could/should study during holidays. In fact that's why they are called "holidays". Pace yourself!

sorry i have to disagree wit ya here, studying over summer, can, help, i did it, i did well in my lc. if ya think ya can do it do it, but if ya think you would die out before lc 2009, start revising in september.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm trying to dissect my summer exam results to see what I need to work on most.

Art(with craftwork option)(H) - 81 (B1, 85)

Irish(H) - 57 (C3, 60)(I did the wrong question, which my teacher then refused to mark, it was worth 40 marks, big chunk of the test!)

Maths(H) - 50 (D1, 55)(So disappointed with this :()

French(H) - 75 (B2, 80)

English(H) - 78 (B2, 80)

Geography(H) - 82 (B1, 85)

Music(H) - 98 (A1, 100)

Wondering if I should keep up honours Maths, I think I should challenge myself but I don't want it to detract from my other subjects. I don't need it for anything but feel that I may regret not giving it a proper try afterwards. I normally get around 80% in class tests on one or two chapters. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Tyson12

I'm trying to dissect my summer exam results to see what I need to work on most.

Art(with craftwork option)(H) - 81 (B1, 85)

Irish(H) - 57 (C3, 60)(I did the wrong question, which my teacher then refused to mark, it was worth 40 marks, big chunk of the test!)

Maths(H) - 50 (D1, 55)(So disappointed with this :()

French(H) - 75 (B2, 80)

English(H) - 78 (B2, 80)

Geography(H) - 82 (B1, 85)

Music(H) - 98 (A1, 100)

Wondering if I should keep up honours Maths, I think I should challenge myself but I don't want it to detract from my other subjects. I don't need it for anything but feel that I may regret not giving it a proper try afterwards. I normally get around 80% in class tests on one or two chapters. Any advice?

If your getting 80% in your class tests that means you have a good understanding of the topics which, believe me, is more than half the battle. It will obviously take up more time than ordinary level would but i think its worth it. I know its easier said than done but a quick half hour revision at the end of the week will pay off. Even if you don't, you'll have the course finished well in time for plenty of revision. Once you understand it revision is easy. Also if you have any intention of going to UL, don't forget about the bonus points. I'm looking for my A1 to get me 140 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

From the summer exams I *seem* to have enough to get into medicine, but that's with the new requirement, and assuming I do well in the HPAT, but if medicine remains as competitive as it has been then I'll need to get at least 15 more points.

But feck no I wont be studying over the Summer! My school is going to hate me though, we're back on the 26th, and on the 29th I'm off to Electric Picnic and I'm trying to take the Monday off too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Got my results back a few weeks ago:

English 80 ( but really it was 64% because i didnt get to finish the paper so he marked me out of what I had done. I know for fact we werent given enough time for the exam. )

Irish 75
    Maths 75
    French 82
    Chemistry 98
    Biology 98
    Geography 86 ( We have finished the course in Geography bar doing Egypt and the GI and he gave us the 2007 paper in full so I was delighted with an A2 )

540 points overall which Im fairly happy about. Hopefully I can bring that up another 20 points by next year for pharmacy in UCC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

english 76
    french 64 ..err-_-
    business 98
    accounting 94
    home ec 89
    maths , 2008 lc paper, 70 paper 1 , 43paper( thanks to boards ppl!!)
    applied maths..didnt even had an exam,,if i had one i d fail miserably!!

sigh-_- hoesntly didnt really do much work since xmas..
    cant get motivated for next yr ither, oh well, i am gonna enjoy the summer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Ebglish - 80%
    Irish - 63%
    Maths - 78%(No attempt marks in correction!)
    Physics - 95%
    French - 83%
    Applied Maths - 88% (Grand considering it was 6 lc q's, no choice!)
    DCG - 81%

So, overall im happy enough, they were all night before cram jobs becaue i went on hols the week before the exams :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement