Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Disqualified drivers may be banned from both Islands ie Ireland & UK.

Options
  • 26-06-2008 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

New laws are being discussed between Irish & UK governments proposing the ban on disqualified drivers. Transport ministers from the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and Britain may today agree that disqualified drivers should be banned in both islands. Should this have been done years ago?.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0626/transport.html

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IIRC the two governments don't want to pass control of the driver files to the other jurisdiction which has led to the current 'delays'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Not a bad thing, i know an (irish) person who got his 12points on his english licence while living in the UK, got the boat over to ireland next morning, changed it back to an irish licence, boat back over when he got his irish licence.

So not a bad idea!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Banned. A band is a group of people playing music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Banned. A band is a group of people playing music.
    Also a Rubber band :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A bunch of people wearing rubber and playing music :D

Sorry for the pedantics. My current least favourite mispelling on the motors forum is "breaks" for "brakes".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Back on topic, its a good thing obviously.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Take a brake, lads. :D There is another, more active thread on this topic. Maybe a merge is in order?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

esel wrote: »
    Take a brake, lads. :D There is another, more active thread on this topic. Maybe a merge is in order?

grrr ...I was just about to ...but now you've messed up the timeline with your post:D

I shall lock this one instead

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement