Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade laptop to SSD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/32GB_Transcend_2_5-IDE_Internal_SSD_Solid_State_Disk/index.html

"If intending to install and run an operating system from SSD we recommend choosing a product built using SLC Flash chips. The product you are currently viewing is built using MLC."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

To be honest, unless its a fairly high end laptop(which a t43 is not) i wouldn't waste the money. But if its something you really want to do then yes it will work. just make sure its a 2.5" hdd with an ide connector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I suppose the T43 is not a high spec laptop, but would an SSD not speed up the laptop enormously, which would be my reason for doing this.

Noted that nforce thanks, might not upgrade then, would like to see the performance gain though.

Advertisement