Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

first timer

• 26-06-2008 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hi, just bought our first motorhome never use or driven one. wondering where would be the best / easiest place to take her here. Any advice would be welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Hi,
    You're welcome here. a great source of advice and information.
    In my opinion the best place to spend your first night is in your driveway, you get to see how everything works, any problems can be sorted out without serious consequence. Theres lots to learn about the workings of your camper so get in there and enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 c.regan

loobylou wrote: »
    Hi,
    You're welcome here. a great source of advice and information.
    In my opinion the best place to spend your first night is in your driveway, you get to see how everything works, any problems can be sorted out without serious consequence. Theres lots to learn about the workings of your camper so get in there and enjoy it!

thanks loobylou,
    will do.But where to after that for ease of parking and the like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Are you worried about the actual driving/maneuvering side of it all?

In that case I would suggest that you avoid the wilds of the wesht for your first tour and maybe pick a campsite at the end of a nice, big main road for your first outing (rather than Beara or the wilds of connemara).

Also avoid town centres and villages until you are more familiar with the size of your machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Where are you located and we'll try find somewhere suitable.
    Reguarding driving it there's nothing really to it. Make sure your step is up and all your cupboards are latched. Take it easy going into bends and roundabouts and keep an eye out for low lying branches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

what they said..

make sure there's no heavy stuff in shelves (books phones, etc) that can fall on kids when driving/ braking hard, etc.. We've a lip on our shelves but still stuff can fall...

Do a 'walkaround' just before setting off, check everything (windows, doors, steps) is closed/locked, bikes are tied, etc. & get into the habit of it. Your partner can do the same inside.

Where to go depends where your from.

Have fun,enjoy it & wave!!!

• Advertisement

thanks for the tips. i am in edenderry so n4 / n6 not to far so i will take it nice wide roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Down by the lake in Mullingar might be an option so, there's a couple of sites near there, Lake Derrivaragha?? and Lough Ennell might be worth considering. A bit further over (40-50 mins) is Boyle Forest park.

Peasant: that's your area...looking for something good for your 6000th post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

there you go:

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=88
    http://www.camping-ireland.ie/caravan-parks/camping.php?id=105

decent roads all the way to Sligo (and if you should decide to go to Strandhill, make sure to go through Sligo town and not take the previous exit to Strandhill, because that road is a bit hairy for a novice)

thanks for all the help . I should have bought one years ago. Have been to River Vally Redcross, Battlebridge, Carrowkeel and we are heading for tralee tomorrow.As you can see was enjoying myself to much to come back and THANK you all sorry.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Heading off on our maiden voyage too, on Sunday. Lot's of good advice in this thread. We're going to stay local for the first night, where the roads are familiar. Those two Sligo sites look ideal for day two.

• Advertisement

shayser wrote: »
    Heading off on our maiden voyage too, on Sunday. Lot's of good advice in this thread. We're going to stay local for the first night, where the roads are familiar. Those two Sligo sites look ideal for day two.
    Hope your maiden voyage went well . Put thank you on thread switched off and went , only back today . Carrowkeel is quite, Battlebridge is let down by its bad toilets,Tralee is great close to eveything.

Advertisement