Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any of you folk racing on the r132 near lusk last night?

Options
  • 26-06-2008 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

there was i was cycling away on a short spin last night when a van passes me with someone with camera out of the sunroof filming.....
    i was like what the hell are they doing! only to realise that 20 seconds later about 15 cyclists whizzed passed me. oh i was mortified cause they left me for dead, after about 3 mins i could not see them anymore. then i eventually came across one of their stewards who started directing me to follow them...:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

This probably was swords CC club race.
    They do a club race every Wednesday night over the summer.
    Caters to all levels from teenagers to some old dudes and is handicapped so the slower groups go off first and the faster you are the later you start.
    Check out Swordscc.com for details.
    To race you need to join and get a licence but till about 10 weeks racing left. Great way to make you work a bit harder and the club are very friendly and approachable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Wednesday night? Then likely to us (Swords CC). It was our Club Championship night and the pace, I found, was pretty hot. 3 lap 60kms circuit about Ballyboughal and the Nags head. I was in the leading group of about 7 only to puncture with ~5kms to go... gutted. It's my first year racing and really enjoying it so far.

League every Wed night normally around that north Dublin area. Half way through the league season. Visitors are welcome to race in the nght too, just pay your €5 on the night and have a CI licence, and helmet of course. Handycap system works well too. I'm afraid though there's no tea and bikkies after*!

Web address as per previous poster and click on Club League.

*unless you bring your own

Advertisement