Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo required for Nottinghamshire Mini Club

Options
  • 26-06-2008 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

New club logo required for Nottinghamshire Mini Club, we are looking for something that can be used down the line on window stickers, t-shirts etc.

We will make a payment to the designer of the best logo and credit there work on out site.

Needs to show both BMW and classic mini's and the words Nottinghamshire Mini Club (or the sort version, NMC) must be present on the logo. Our website is located at www.nottsminiclub.co.uk

So any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance!

Dean

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ausaf

I am Ausaf. I am a professional graphic desiginer . I have saw your side design & analyise your idea. I will send you a
    Logo on Monday 30 June, 2008. Please wait...

Best Regards !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭SadisticSilence

pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ericblsf

Hey Dean,
    What kind of budget are we looking at here?I can PM some sample of work if you'd like.I have a new Cooper S myself so I reckon I'd have a pretty good idea of what you'd be looking for!
    [e]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

did you get this design taken care of?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Will something like the below help?

9idcmp.jpg

ab12yg.jpg

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    Will something like the below help?

9idcmp.jpg

ab12yg.jpg
    Jesus! looks like a headache buddy!

LOL Headache?

The above are just some quick examples. I can do some more complex stuff lol.

No offence Biggins, but clip art and stock photography should never be used in a logo. A logo should as personalised to the client as possible.
    Also should be vector based to allow enlargement or reduction without lose of quality to raise just a few points.

No worries. Was using the above for some quick examples. I wouldn't use the above in a month of Sundays to be honest.
    Too glarish and too in your face if you know what I mean!
    Using Photoshop (the best in my opinion) much, much better items can be created.
    Tiil the chappie gives a good idea of what he wants so that a designer can play around with subsequent ideas, the above graphics only serves to stimulate the chaps head into thinking what exactly he'd like to see element-wise in his/her/their logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Hi,

Just thought I'd throw my 5 minute creation in the Mix

It's a Mini Clubman Car

It's sitting on an 3d outline map of Nottinghamshire

And I also inluded the text that looks like it's heading/wrapping towards/around the car and Nottinghamshire.

Could do with some more work, definitely in the Typography area and some colours to make it interesting.

It's just a quick sketch idea I threw together.

81740199qa2.jpg

nottinghamshireminiclubzl6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭TiM_rEAPeR

Im sorry, but everything ive seen on here offends me. Theres a lot of typographic consideration and conceptualisation that goes into any design. Good for amateurs, but keep trying guys.

TiM_rEAPeR wrote: »
    Im sorry, but everything ive seen on here offends me. Theres a lot of typographic consideration and conceptualisation that goes into any design. Good for amateurs, but keep trying guys.

Your dead right about what goes into a logo but if you can do better (which we are led to presume by your words you can), belt away.
    I repeat, my examples are bare 5 minute made examples, of which was to find out more accurately or exactly what concept the requester wished for! The above is ONLY (for requester) to give further food for thought and a thinking starting point to go from...
    Personally - I've only being using Photoshop and similar tools (PaintShop pro, Illustrator, Quark, etc) for 10+ years now.

Give us all a break before you go get all offended. I'm sure "hank" could produce better also given time but neither of us are going to spend considerable time working in the dark before we get a better clue as to the way the requester wants his logo to be graphic-wise!
    Jeeze... relax...

TiM_rEAPeR wrote: »

Are you calling me an amateur? That's very petty, in my opinion, I've made it clear it was a 5 minute idea that I put together, while I was doing other graphic design work that I get paid very well for doing.

So excuse me for not meeting your high standards, your majesty.

On the other side, actually, what I've done is rubbish, in fairness, it has nothing going for it.

I'll revisit this tomorrow, where I have a design concept in my head, which is better than the trash I posted earlier.

Clearly I need to spend more than 5 minutes with a design.

Right so, this is all I could manage to get done this morning.

It's based on the Mini Logo itself and I thought a vintage look might be good going.

It's not completely finished, but it needs some vintage type for the center.

It would be a good logo for t-shirts, caps, hats, jackets, breast pockets, rear of garments.

It's easily identifiable with the Mini-Logo but has a unique feel of it's own, I think.

I'll get the typography done when I get the chance.

minilogov1kj6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

What filter have you used on that Hank? Or is it painted?

No filter, done in illustrator.

Hand drew the mini logo and then reshaped it and shaded it. Then scanned it, did a live trace in illustrator and randomly removed paths to get the vintage look, and it turned out that way, which was the effect i was going for anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

To the original poster. A logo competition is a terrible way to get a good logo. There's no design process, no conversation or discussion about your needs and requirements. It'll just be pot luck if a designer produces something right. Besides, good designers steer clear from competitions, because they don't work for free.

Since you have a budget, and you're going to be using this is a variety of places, then it's worth doing it right. Find a designer who's got a decent portfolio and hire them to design a specifc logo for your organisation.

You wouldn't hold a competition for a tailor to design you a suit would you? You'd find atailor, they'd measure you, ask you questions, and they create a custom bespoke suit that fits just right. Graphic Design is the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭Baggio...

p wrote: »
    To the original poster. A logo competition is a terrible way to get a good logo. There's no design process, no conversation or discussion about your needs and requirements. It'll just be pot luck if a designer produces something right. Besides, good designers steer clear from competitions, because they don't work for free.

Since you have a budget, and you're going to be using this is a variety of places, then it's worth doing it right. Find a designer who's got a decent portfolio and hire them to design a specifc logo for your organisation.

You wouldn't hold a competition for a tailor to design you a suit would you? You'd find atailor, they'd measure you, ask you questions, and they create a custom bespoke suit that fits just right. Graphic Design is the same.

Great post!

Totally agree with you.

I agree too.

I'm not going to spend any great length of time on a logo that I won't get paid for, and in fairness the efforts I've made are quick 5 minute doodles.

I've designed many logos in the past and the process is lengthy.

For example; I designed a label for a water bottle before, and it took about 4 weeks to get it right, with a book of samples of about 50 different labels, a design was eventually approved.

I know 50 labels is a ridiculous amount, but it was a tricky customer and there was plenty of colour variations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

No filter, done in illustrator.

Hand drew the mini logo and then reshaped it and shaded it. Then scanned it, did a live trace in illustrator and randomly removed paths to get the vintage look, and it turned out that way, which was the effect i was going for anyway.

Ah right. Not a critisism, more general feedback. I don't thin kthe 'painted' look it has works well on logos. I like the idea but I think it needs to look more solid and rendered.

But like you said, no point in spending too much time on it if you don't even know what the client really wants. Has anyone heard anything from them?

Criticise away, I didn't spend ages on it, I don't think I even like it, I was just throwing it out there as an idea.

I could render it to be more metallic, but that would be too much like the Mini Logo as it is now. I thought a vintage grungy look that resembles the Mini logo would be a nice look.

But then again, it depends on the target audience, the age group, etc. etc. etc.

Advertisement