Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which camcorder?

Options
  • 26-06-2008 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Ah sorry, just noticed this audio-vidoe thread so moving it here:

I'm asking a friend to do some videoing on our wedding day.
    Not sure how much he knows about it but he's good a good eye for a photo so I'm hoping he can create a good wedding film.
    We'd also like a camcorder for holidays and things after the wedding.
    I'd don't have a lot to spend (max maybe €250) and I know a lot of people who buy camcorders don't get much use out of them which is why I think ebay might be a good place to look for one.
    My question is what sort of format would suit and wouldn't become obsolete soon? I've heard of mini dv and DVD types. Which is better for what I need?
    My requirements, particularly for the wedding would probably be long battery life (and maybe a spare battery) and a good enough picture when there isn't a lot of light available (eg. in the church, dancing, etc) and the ability to edit the film afterwards to remove the boring bits and maybe add a soundtrack.
    Any particular brands better than others?
    Thanks a lot.

Advertisement