Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bon Scott found alive

• 26-06-2008 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭

Just heard airbournes album and its like finding a lost AC/DC album...jesus i thought it was the late seventies all over again....Cracking album...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Try some old Rhino Bucket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I have no memory of what the music scene was like in the later 70's as I had only just about started to walk when the 80's arrived :).

I have listened to the Airbourne album and I found it a bit repetitive to be honest. If you're a big AC/DC fan I'm sure you'll enjoy it though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Airbourne did a cracking gig last week in Whelans.
    Blew the doors off the place.
    Great energy, real breath of fresh air.

In my opinion there's too many bands trying to be clever/different and not enough who just go out there and rock their arses off.

Airbourne are not groundbreaking by any means but if you want some hight tempo hard rock you won't do any better then these lads.

I think my mate best described them as as AC/DC but about 30% louder and 30% faster.
    Allready booked tickets for their Nov gig at the ambasador.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Airbourne did a cracking gig last week in Whelans.
    Blew the doors off the place.
    Great energy, real breath of fresh air.

In my opinion there's too many bands trying to be clever/different and not enough who just go out there and rock their arses off.

Airbourne are not groundbreaking by any means but if you want some hight tempo hard rock you won't do any better then these lads.

I think my mate best described them as as AC/DC but about 30% louder and 30% faster.
    Allready booked tickets for their Nov gig at the ambasador.

Agreed, these guys are pure class live, the gig last week was truely awesome, very rare that you will ever get to see a band that goes non-stop start to finish and exude that much energy, went with a couple of mates one of whom had never heard of them before and by the end of the 1st song he was drooling.......yes they don't do anything new, and no they aren't album wise brilliant yet - it's a good album, but not great, then again it's their first album isn't it so there's plenty of time for them to develop........can't wait to see them again in Nov
    ears still ringin from last Tuesday night :p

bookiebasher - if you get a chance go to see them on their return, unfortunately you won't be as lucky as myself and Spur as I don't think we'll ever see this band in a venue as small as Whelans again........down to earth lads to, had plenty of time afterwards to chat have a drink and sign stuff.......seriously impressive...
    (damn I'm buying into the hype....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Whiskeyjack

They're not just like AC/DC, they are AC/DC.

toatlly pointless band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sure sure

well said , Im a life long AC/DC fan, havn't checked these guys out but will now!! cut out the fancy **** and get on with the rock n roll .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

They're not just like AC/DC, they are AC/DC.

toatlly pointless band.

They sound a bit like ACDC but probably more like any middle of the road 80's UK metal band tbh. They completely lack the whole bluesy guitar that is ACDC.

Advertisement