Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which SAT NAV to Buy??

Options
  • 26-06-2008 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi, I am looking to buy a new sat nav. It has to have handsfree calling. Is the sound quality for phone conversations good on these? Also is it possible to wire it into the car rather than having a cable running down the dash into the cigarette lighter?

Thanks for your help, Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Wiring it into the car is definitely not an option worth exploring because the GPS unit needs to be up on the window and permanent wires providing power would give the game away to thieves.

Because the optimum position for a car GPS is a relatively long way away from the driver, it also follows that the microphone is not as close to the drivers mouth as it would otherwise be so in my personal opinion a car GPS unit is not an ideal Bluetooth phone device and on the principal of 'horses for courses' I would advise you to get a seperate car phone kit.

Advertisement