Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah. He's...not small. *die*

Options
  • 26-06-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

A small group of us decided to see what would happen if we clicked on the icicle in the Slave Pens. Lightheaded didnt say much about it, so we assumed it was just another Slave Pens quest.

Ahune is a tad bigger than we had expected.

Dont do Ice kids.

Unless you are 70 and geared.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I found him pretty easy. On heroic its another story though. The best way to do it is dr00d tank, paly healer 2 mages and a hunter for the adds. Then just nuke like mad inbetween. Oh and watch the floor beneth you, of you see a blue swirl move out of the way or it throws you in the air for a fair bit of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Went straight to heroic on him last weekend, me (tankadin) in MH/BT gear, rest of the group in blues - the lack of DPS was killing the group and our druid healer was seriously struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Went straight to heroic on him last weekend, me (tankadin) in MH/BT gear, rest of the group in blues - the lack of DPS was killing the group and our druid healer was seriously struggling.

and the tank was sh1te

hehehhe only jokin kirby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Just to be clear, I am a level 65 Ele Shaman and I was the highest level there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

then you had no hope.

Anti wrote: »
    then you had no hope.

I had time to say "Shi...."

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Dellarocca

I clicked it with my hunter one the way out. Just to have a look. He's very big.

Still managed to get out alive. And 12g (or whatever it was) richer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

copeyhagen wrote: »
    and the tank was sh1te

hehehhe only jokin kirby :D

Love you too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Jumpy wrote: »
    Just to be clear, I am a level 65 Ele Shaman

They still exist? I logged back in a couple of weeks ago and cried when I saw what happened the poor ele shaman.

Actually did they ever deliver on the "ele" piece they promised for zul'aman? I check a few sites and saw nothing interesting

• Advertisement

kayos wrote: »
    They still exist? I logged back in a couple of weeks ago and cried when I saw what happened the poor ele shaman.

Actually did they ever deliver on the "ele" piece they promised for zul'aman? I check a few sites and saw nothing interesting

Hmm? I out dps everything in a group. Did they used to be even better?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Been farming the Heroic and the trick is to have two Warlocks. Their seed of corruption will make the adds irrelevant and the fight much more managable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Jumpy wrote: »
    Hmm? I out dps everything in a group. Did they used to be even better?

I played a shaman from release up till about September last year, pretty much all my raiding was done as elemental, up to BT before I quit. Elemental when it comes to raiding was always hard to make viable but they had come a long way in terms of mana regen and not being oom in 60seconds flat on a boss :P. Sometimes elemental shaman shined, some times they sucked but most of the time they where just ok.

As for finding you out DPS’ing everything right now that’s fair enough but lots goes into why that happens, what are the other levels? Gear levels etc etc. The classic case always was shaman where better at lower levels. Also Shaman used to be burst damage, e.g. killing 3 alliance in one press of the chain lightning spell , and in a 5man that’s handy to keep you high. But in a raid you will see the power of the warlocks/mages and then you will see you are not really being brought just for your dps, its for your buffs and the fact you can heal when needed. If you do get into a nice caster group they will love you for ever, well my party of mages did any way. Then again things like also using drums/jc necks etc for party buffs along with totems and BL helped that :P

I'm not up on the theory craft any more but LB/CL did get changed and while if you where lower down the +dmg it helped you out a bit for any well geared raiding shaman at the time it was a nerf.

Advertisement