Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frame sandblasting

Options
  • 26-06-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of sourcing a frame for a fixie and was wondering if anyone has ever had one sandblasted to remove the paint and put on good clean paintjob.

any other frame prep'ing tips for a new paintjob?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Small bit about powdercoating on the wiki
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Painting

A few people on here have done spray painting, but I don't think it worked out fantastic. Powercoating is probably the easiest way to do it. I think they will sandblast too.

Let us know what you do ! Be handy to get more info on this.

[edit] actually, have a look on golden pages. There are a lot of poweder coating places ! You might get a good price from phoning around.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭stuf

Thanks for that Verb.

One of my self imposed rules is to do as much of the work myself as I can although I'm not necessarily into a couple of days with paint remover and a wire brush. I do fancy a go at the spray job though.

One of the problems with powder coating is that the layer is quite thick and you have to go around all the bolt holes and remove the coat which leaves areas open to rust.

Advertisement