Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season tickets

Options
  • 26-06-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Anyone get theirs yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

galinka wrote: »
    Anyone get theirs yet?

Yes mate, about 3 weeks ago.
    Think to deadline for renewing was 06/06.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Shane has mine as well...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Shane has mine as well...:D

In the safe mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Paid before end of May - must ring them so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 seanson

I've bought Spurs membership for the past few years in order to be sure of been able to get match tickets the one or two times I get to go over. It's good value for the young fella as he get's his Spurs gear, but for myself and the sake of buying a match ticket it pretty much more than doubles the ticket price. Having said that it's cheaper than buying outside.

Are there other options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

seanson wrote: »
    I've bought Spurs membership for the past few years in order to be sure of been able to get match tickets the one or two times I get to go over. It's good value for the young fella as he get's his Spurs gear, but for myself and the sake of buying a match ticket it pretty much more than doubles the ticket price. Having said that it's cheaper than buying outside.

Are there other options?

From our point of view I think the certainty of being able to secure a ticket outweighs the cost, if you're confident of getting a ticket for a particular match then you can book flights early and save a fortune on airfares.

Your options are limited:

1. Hope that someone will lend you their membership (maybe get a mate to go halves with you?) so you can still buy when they go on sale?

2. Wait for tickets to go on general sale, or try pick some up through the ticket exchange scheme, but you risk paying through the nose for flights if you wait too long.

Tha's about it...:p

Bear in mind, the club have said they will be doing more spot checks in the stands to make sure people are not selling tickets on, so you might find offers of spare memberships hard to come by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 seanson

From our point of view I think the certainty of being able to secure a ticket outweighs the cost, if you're confident of getting a ticket for a particular match then you can book flights early and save a fortune on airfares.

Your options are limited:

That's the way it has been all right. Book flights first and hope that the TV doesn't change the date. One of the advantages of living in Dublin, or indeed near Shannon, is the close proximity to Stansted and White Hart Lane. Alas I have an extra 3 or 4 hours drive either each way... a tough day for the young fella but an athmosphere like the Sunderland game last season makes up for the hassle of travelling all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Totally agree with you there Ronan,knowing that you can be guaranteed a ticket for almost any game is worth the money you fork out for membership.

Advertisement