Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain vs Russia (who will win)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Torres is banging on the door. He will eventually get his goal

Not any more he won't. Seriously, wtf is Aragones on? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Hope thats a rasher and sausage flavoured stapler!

YET AGAIN the stapler lives on :):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Torres and Xavi off? What the hell? Silva has been pretty poor and is still on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Russia
    gucci wrote: »
    YET AGAIN the stapler lives on :):):):):):)

Are you Aragones?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Russia dont seem to be playing with any heart tonight though. there is no urgency about them whatsoever, maybe they are exhausted?

terrible defending again.

they really have just lay down tonight, so sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well here's Russia's chance to get back into the game.
    Maybe not....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Russia
    Aragones is a genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Fabrégas having another stormer

• Advertisement

sionnach wrote: »
    He's pure magic, Spain are a different team since he came on.

He'll probably still be on the bench for the final though

Has Arshavin completed a single pass in this half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sexy flicks from Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Roll on August imo, Cesc is going to have a great season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

I've only seen one bad pass from fabrégas all night, and that was just after he came on and he passed to the red shirt instinctively

and there's another assist!

• Advertisement

He does it again.

Fabregas = player of the tournament, even if he only ever comes off the bench.

Russia
    OPENROAD wrote: »
    Roll on August imo, Cesc is going to have a great season

He's some player alright. Great to watch. Don't know why people hate him (except maybe making ridiculous statements sometimes e.g the comments after a Blackburn match), but even as a Liverpool fan you just have to admire his brilliance.

Involved in Silva's goal just there......if Aragones doesn't start him in the final, then.................well, he just should

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ole Ole Ole! :D

That Fabregas fella must start the final!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Russia
    she's nice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Russia
    Poor old Dunphy. What was it he said earlier? Silva having a nightmare? Aragones a fool? Guiza hopeless etc?

Wonder if Bill gives him a grilling. :D

• Advertisement

well he is the freshest player in the squad like! :)

Russia have really dissapointed tonight, and im still not sure if the Arshavin lad is playing or not......

Silva is another guy, he will get a good review now even though he has been ****e for the whole game

I kinda feel like Eamonn Dunphy now!

monkey9 wrote: »
    He's some player alright. Great to watch. Don't know why people hate him
    People hate him? What people? :confused:

Souness was right about Russia at the beginning of the tournament. Once you score against them they just give up.

Poor old Dunphy. What was it he said earlier? Silva having a nightmare? Aragones a fool? Guiza hopeless etc?

Silva has been ****e

He isnt the only one who would be of that opinion about Aragones, myself included, and Guiza isnt exactly a world beater now is he

but you know in Eamo's world your either a real player, or rubbish, no in between

1. Silva did nothing until Fabregas put the goal on the plate for him.
    2. Aragones only put Fabregas on because Villa got injured. Clearly should have started.
    3. Guiza, same as Silva.

Souness was right about Russia at the beginning of the tournament. Once you score against them they just give up.

:eek: omg! the world must be coming to an end! :eek:

for the record, i hate and love Cesc in equal portions, he is a great player, but he is a little **** too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

but he is a little **** too
    And why may i ask?

Finally it's over.

Russia

Yep, Souness had it spot on!!

I've read posts on Boards, now i can't remember who wrote them or when, but there have been people who have said they can't stand Fabregas etc. It's probably club rivalry or whatever.
    I just think he's superb. Even though he plays for a big rival, love watching him play!!

I don't get this hate for Fabregas. I'm a Utd. supporter and I can understand why people hate Ronaldo but Fabregas? :confused: He's one of the best players in the world, absolute class.

Solid win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Russia
    Fabregas controlled that game, and Ramos was very solid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I don't get this hate for Fabregas. I'm a Utd. supporter and I can understand why people hate Ronaldo but Fabregas? :confused: He's one of the best players in the world, absolute class.

Its called being bitter.

Or stupidity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool fan here and I completely agree. Fabregas seems like an honest pro and a joy to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

DCC160 wrote: »
    Russia for me as well. Think Spain will bottle it.

Well I stand corrected. Hats off to Spain

Gonna stick 20 quid on them now to win it. Think they'll destroy Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

I really cant see what all the fuss is about Archavin, he's played 2 games, played very well in those, had the chance to shine against an ordinary back 4 tonight and goes missing.

He's 27, 90% of soccer fans have never even heard of him till he played his first game of the tournament, yet 2 good games and he looks to have earned a move to Barcelona. Another example of the media getting carried away, thats unlike them:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I agree. In fact I didn't realise that people hated him at all. Don't suppose he'd like to sign for Leeds? :D

Esse85 wrote: »
    I really cant see what all the fuss is about Archavin, he's played 2 games, played very well in those, had the chance to shine against an ordinary back 4 tonight and goes missing.

He's 27, 90% of soccer fans have never even heard of him till he played his first game of the tournament, yet 2 good games and he looks to have earned a move to Barcelona. Another example of the media getting carried away, thats unlike them:rolleyes:

ahh but luckily not all of us here on boards were fooled. i know it wasnt only me that questioning his ability, not that im saying he is a bad player by the way, just dont buy into the hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I like him, but I bet you''ll get people saying ''you can't judge him on one game''..despite the fact that a lot of people have done this.

Then people laugh at my McGeady comparison despite the fact they have seen Arshavin play at most 5 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Russia
    Thata boy Xavi. And people wanted him dropped? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

In fairness if I had to choose between Xavi, Cesc, Senna and Iniesta, I probably would drop Xavi.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Thata boy Xavi. And people wanted him dropped? :rolleyes:

who wanted him dropped??

i thought there was talk of Iniesta or Silva being dropped for Fab but not Xavi, he is considered undroppable tbh

Then again, i wouldnt get too excited, every football fan on here knows who made the difference for Spain tonight.
    Fabregas!......did you really need to look?
    :D

Xavi did make so good 5 yard passes left and right though ;)

dont get mad, im only messin with ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

The Russians just didn't have the zip which they showed against Holland. Looked jaded and once they went 1 down it was all over. Spain always looked like scoring soon after too. Hope they go on and win it. Fabergas is unreal. Great to watch as most you lads have already pointed out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Russia
    In fairness if I had to choose between Xavi, Cesc, Senna and Iniesta, I probably would drop Xavi.

Why?
    kryogen wrote: »
    who wanted him dropped??

i thought there was talk of Iniesta or Silva being dropped for Fab but not Xavi, he is considered undroppable tbh

Then again, i wouldnt get too excited, every football fan on here knows who made the difference for Spain tonight.
    Fabregas!......did you really need to look?
    :D

Xavi did make so good 5 yard passes left and right though ;)

dont get mad, im only messin with ya!

Yeah there were in the other thread. Unbelievable I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Awesome performance from Spain. Never bought into the Russia hype. They played well against a hugely over hyped Dutch team, but Spain once again gave them a footballing lesson, and showed the best way to defend without great defenders is to keep the ball. That said I thought Ramos showed his class tonight (did very well against Italy too). Very solid at the back, won everything in the air and simply phenomenal for a full back going forward. MOTM.

Decision to take Torres off was correct as nothing was going his way. He seems a bit lacking in confidence at the moment, probably due to the manager, but I think Spain are still good enough to beat anyone on current form - with or without Cesc and Villa. Germany will need to get very lucky on Sunday to win.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Well, either Fabregas, Xavi or the formation had to be dropped, so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

anyone else notice Dunphy freaking out when RTE returned to the panel after the match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did, someone or something clearly had his attention just off screen to his left.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

Russia
    I didn't expect Russia to win but i did expect a better performance then a 3-0 defeat.
    Should make for an interesting final

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This match absolutely convinces me that Germany will win the final.
    Holland are great! - dumped out by
    Russia are great! - disposed of by
    Spain are great! until they meet the men without a prayer
    Deutschland, winnen ist ons Natur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement