Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spain vs Russia (who will win)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Russia
    Once again, i need to remind people that Spain shall beat the Germans in the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

I like him, but I bet you''ll get people saying ''you can't judge him on one game''..despite the fact that a lot of people have done this.

Then people laugh at my McGeady comparison despite the fact they have seen Arshavin play at most 5 times.

Arshavin is 10 times the player McGeady is! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Russia
    Arshavin is 10 times the player McGeady is! :p

Well i've seen McGeady ten times more than Arshavin so i'll stick with McGeady!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Spain 3-0 Russia

I thought it was a good game. Things were close enough until Spain got that first goal. Both teams had half-chances up to then. Indeed, Russia had the biggest chance of all and Palyuchenko rushed a chance from all of 8 yards and poked it wide. So things could have been different.

The 1st Spanish goal had some fortune in it as Iniesta was actually shooting, a poor shot which was poked in and through the legs of the Russian keeper from 6 yards or so. But once that goal went in, it was mainly Spain. It was the first test for Russia as it was the first time they were behind in a match in the tournament, apart from the 4-1 drubbing they got from the hands of Spain. They took more risks going forward, the game became more open, and it allowed Spain to exploit it and get another two goals. Guiza got one, which is not good news for Torres. He may be subbed again in the final. Fabregas was instrumental and had come on for an injured Villa.

Overall, Spain fully deserved the win. For the many people that eulogised Arse-shaving, they went overboard on a match against Holland where a few things came off favourably. Yes, he is good as was seen in the Uefa Cup run. But one match does not a player make. Last night things didnt go right at all for him, his runs were not met with supply and his passes went astray. Maybe his mind is on a move to Barcelona. He will have better games.

Now to the final .... it will be close.

Redspider

Advertisement