Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

noise

Options
  • 26-06-2008 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

last night when i was turning the steering wheel and i could hear this noise it sounded like a knocking. also there is is like a clunck coming from the front of the car when i'm going slow. what could be the problem with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like the CV joint.
    Does it happen only when you turn sharpish to one side, only left for instance?
    Does it sound when you go straight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

the noise is there when i go straight. as for the truning its their when i trun left or right, u can hear it more when the car is not moving

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So it's there when you turn/go straight/stand still with engine going? CV joint only sound when car is moving/turning.

Is it two noises or one? What car is this? Year/model.

its 02 punto. the clunk is there when u hit bumps etc. it sounds like it come it is coming from the front left wheel. the streeing noise is when only there if i trun left or right quick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Sounds like a suspension bushing or ball joint. possibly an anti-roll bar bushing. Could also be a track rod end. Either way its not good and you should take it to a good mechanic for sorting. An independant mechanic won't charge you too much.

Just saw the op's post, sounds like you need a new lower arm for the front suspension. Should be ok until sat. Just take it easy in the meantime.

• Advertisement

is it safe to drive the car. getting it checked on sat

Advertisement