Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT question DEll/ARGOS receipts

• 26-06-2008 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I stared LTD business and have registered for VAT. Some of the receipts have VAT No. of seller but some don't -Argos/PC World etc. can i claim VAT on these? also if i buy something off Dell Home site can i get VAT back?
    Any help much appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 G-CBHV

If it doesnt show the Sellers VAT number, Address and a Breakdown of VAT its unfortunately not a valid VAT receipt. PC World seem to have a business section now and always offer me a VAT receipt.

If they cant re-issue you with a VAT receipt get them to hand write their vat number onto the existing till receipt, and make sure it has there address and a breakdown of the VAT charged and it should be valid.

If you buy something off the dell home site for your business and the invoice shows the VAT charged and is made out to the business you can get the claim the VAT back.

Advertisement