Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frontlines or Bad Company

• 26-06-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was looking at both of these and can't make up my mind which to get. Both look really good, but seem really similar and there isn't enough room in my collection (or my time :)) for two pretty identical games so I wanted to see if anyone had any input.

Bad Company seems to be a bit of a laugh, and the destructable environment is a nice touch and makes it really hectic.

Frontlines just got an update that adds 50 player (lag free) support for all maps, and helps prevent spawn camping.

What are your experiences with either game? What are your preferences, etc.

Cheers.

Which would you recommend? 11 votes

Battlefield: Bad Company
    0% 0 votes
    Frontlines: Fuel of War
    72% 8 votes
    Neither
    18% 2 votes
    Other (please specify in your post
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Id go for bad company but it has nothing on COD4 :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm thinking of picking up Bad Company – just cos it sounds like it will be different enough from anything I've played before (never played any of the battlefield series).

In frontlines, does have 50 player matches bring anything more to the gameplay? Never played it, but I can see it being a drag getting popped every 10 secs after a respawn (like the container map on CoD4).

Love CoD4, is there any plans to bring out more maps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Id go for Battlefield, especially of you are planning on playing it online, Frontlines is out a few months now and i doubt it has a big user base online. Battlefield will though for at least a few months I predict. Probably down to ranking system they will have in it and also the fact that its damn fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

both are great games and are really fun, i picked bad company. you can pick frontlines up pretty cheap preowned now so have a look for it there. thats what i did, got special edition - Tshirt/poster/soundtrack/artwork book - all for 30 euro! pretty good

EDIT: frontlines still has a pretty busy online community too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Frontlines:FOW is a very under-rated game, the thing I like best about is all the extra tech i.e. drones, EMP, turrets, fuel-air bombs, anti-air, etc. compared to Battlefield. The Frontlines mode really concentrates firefights too. Plus it has 50-player servers, unique for the 360.

However, it looks like Battlefield:BC will latch on to the bigger user base as it is the newer game and has the EA marketing machine behind it.

Can't wait for Frontlines 2 though ;)!

• Advertisement
Advertisement