Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorbike maintenance course?

• 26-06-2008 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here ever done or know of a place where I could do a motorbike maintenance course??

Based in Dublin, working in the city,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Ring Dit Bolton Street, course starts in late september each year, dept. of mechanical engineering. Its a 3 year course about 900 euro a year. First year covers the basics, class is split 50/50 on theory and practical workshop experience. its good craic too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Tomohawk wrote: »
    Ring Dit Bolton Street, course starts in late september each year, dept. of mechanical engineering. Its a 3 year course about 900 euro a year. First year covers the basics, class is split 50/50 on theory and practical workshop experience. its good craic too...
    If your commuting to Bolton St on a motorbike make sure you lock it up with several high security locks and alarm it. I know several lads that had bikes lifted from that place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭gipi

There was a course mentioned here (or on another forum, sorry can't remember!) which takes place in PobalScoil Rosmini, Grace Park Road, Drumcondra. 10 week night course, instructor and course was highly recommended.

Here's the link to the school page, the course starts end Sept on Tuesday nights...
    www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/night.html

Hoping to sign up for it myself this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

gipi wrote: »
    There was a course mentioned here (or on another forum, sorry can't remember!) which takes place in PobalScoil Rosmini, Grace Park Road, Drumcondra. 10 week night course, instructor and course was highly recommended.

Here's the link to the school page, the course starts end Sept on Tuesday nights...
    www.pobalscoilrosmini.ie/night.html

Hoping to sign up for it myself this year!

I done this last year. Martin Cummins is the instructor. Really nice guy. The course covers the basics and what to look for when you are buying a second hand and new bike. Well worth the €90 and I have saved that 3 times over already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

unless they fixed that course & got actual funding i wouldnt really recommend the bolton street course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

Nice one - need to do this, don't want to be like a cage driver and not know what's happening !

If you can get out to skerries there is a very good course run on a wednesday night in the secondary school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Thanks a million lads, will book the drumcondra one. Hope it does'nt fill up, might chance ringing them and putting my name down now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭gipi

gabgab, they're taking postal applications at the moment for the course in Drumcondra (app form on the website), sent mine off today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

madrab wrote: »
    If you can get out to skerries there is a very good course run on a wednesday night in the secondary school

Any more deatils on he madrab, living in skerries meself and would be interested

• Advertisement

yeah its run in the secondary school on tuesday/wednesday nights for about 8/10 weeks (depends on the time of year) & there usually are 2 courses, beginner(maintenance) & advanced (engine work, forks, carbs, etc)im sure if you give the school a buzz they can give you all the details about when the course starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭BlueBandit

Will do cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Emailed them there, so if I hear nothing from them I will post in one before the end of the week.

Advertisement