Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Network Starting June 30th

• 26-06-2008 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, according to Wikipedia the NFL Network will start broadcasting on Sky Digital on June 30th on channel 456 (see wiki here)

At the moment it is currently testing, and can be viewed via other channels (11.307V, channel 53340) and it does display the NFL Network's EPG (no video though)

Does anyone know what the story with it is? Will you have to be a Sky Sports subscriber to view it or what? Seen as how Sky Sports have the rights to NFL and show NFL Network programming and all...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

They show a lot of stuff off it already on Sky Sports, American's Game, Total Access etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That's why i ask... Like i don't have Sky Sports, it would be great to be able to watch NFL stuff, but with Sky Sports having the rights, i could see all NFL Network Programming leaving Sky Sports to NFL Network, with it being part of the Sky Sports package...

But hopefully it'll be FTA..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

There's no way it'll be FTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Well it hasn't been encyrypted tested yet nor did NFLUK mention it on their front page so I'm guessing come Monday it doesn't go live

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

you don't think this will be like the setanta stations and you have to pay extra. i hope not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 AyJay

I just chatted to a Sky advisor online and he said that it will be available on the Sky Sports Package.

Bad luck Dulpit - hardly surprising that we'd have to pay Sky for it though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,519 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

AyJay wrote: »
    I just chatted to a Sky advisor online and he said that it will be available on the Sky Sports Package.

Bad luck Dulpit - hardly surprising that we'd have to pay Sky for it though!!

Bugger... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Has anyone eard if nthell are carryng it with their Sky sports package?

gerire wrote: »
    Has anyone eard if nthell are carryng it with their Sky sports package?

Here's hoping although like you said it's NTHell. Don't expect much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 capecod08

Its been up for the past couple of weeks...

Can't see them launching on Monday, you'd think having Bush and LT over recently would be a perfect time to promote NFL N/work

Btw its streaming online free on the NFL video section for the past month;)

• Advertisement

Hey, according to Wikipedia the NFL Network will start broadcasting on Sky Digital on June 30th on channel 456 (see wiki here)

Moral of the story here is

Don't believe everything you read especially if it's on Wikipedia;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

NFL Network won't be launching until 2009.

Advertisement