Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, 28th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

probably out, but I should be on for a Sunday one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm in and expecting to get wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'm in unless it is really horrible. Getting a bit fidgety here having been off the bike so much, would be on for a longish one (100km+)?

I'd do a Sunday as well.

Weather forecast isn't exactly great but it is looking like it may reduce to light showers by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Marketing Exam resit and Morrissey Concert ... ****ty start and brilliant end of the day ... too bad I can't make it for the spin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I'm nearly there. I did my longest spin last night which was 34km.

I'm going on holidays to Ballyvaughan Co. Clare in a couple of weeks and plan on bringing my bike with me.

When I come back I should be ready to meet up with you then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I'd be on for a Sunday one I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

any idea how long you guys stay out ?
    I have to catch a flight at 1.30

I am up for a sunday cycle too ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm up for a saturday and sunday one, provided met eireann doesnt try to foil my plans again...I havent been out on my bike once since i got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Sure tis only rain. Best to get used to it now, because you'll have no choice if it rains while out on one of the rides you sign up to :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

RobAMerc wrote: »
    any idea how long you guys stay out ?
    I have to catch a flight at 1.30

If the flight leaves at 1.30 you'd be pushing it, but you could always pop out for half an hour and turn back at any time!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭sooty11

you can put me down for sunday also!!

any suggestions where i could park the car in dundrum?....

If the flight leaves at 1.30 you'd be pushing it, but you could always pop out for half an hour and turn back at any time!

I might do that so, as I am keen to get out with a group.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Sure tis only rain. Best to get used to it now, because you'll have no choice if it rains while out on one of the rides you sign up to

squelchy shorts is not pleasant though
    we've all been there

sooty11 wrote: »

You can always park at Lambs Cross on the Enniskerry rd, there a car park by the vets.

You can always park at Lambs Cross on the Enniskerry rd, there a car park by the vets.

Thanks C!!

ill check that out. Must see if theres somewhere near harolds cross too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

sooty11 wrote: »

Could also park in the old shopping center car park, it's just across the road from the bridge. But you might have to pay for parking there actually.

Thanks Verb

jesus i actually forgot that i used to live in harolds cross not so long ago!:o
    church car park up the road will be grand!

Or just oark on a side street ... the Old Dundrum SC car park is only free the 1st 30 minutes. Unless Sotty is very tired and only decides to cycle 30 minutes, I think a side street might be a better Idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Keen on saturday. Will confirm tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Old car park is pay and display, free for first 30 mins which is always nice for popping into joe daly, but it might be a bit of a stretch for a saturday spin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ollietrex

So whats the distance and pace for the saturday lads (and lasses)? Dont mind being dropped along the way, just dont want to get in the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I'd be interested in a Sunday spin, working on Saturday..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

ollietrex wrote: »
    So whats the distance and pace for the saturday lads (and lasses)? Dont mind being dropped along the way, just dont want to get in the way...

Entirely decided on the day... pace is that of the slowest really, and distance is probably a minimum of 50, but possibly 100+, with plenty of oppertunity to turn back if you're gettin tired

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

weather looks okay
    http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/EIXX0049.html .

Will make up my mind after the physio finshes with my shoulder tonight.

don't think I will make it lads - I have the flu coming on.
    need to keep the strength for the ROK!

I am going to make it one of these days though !

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Hi guys. I meant to try to meet up with ye for a while now. I'm doing the RoK and I'm in much need of getting some mile on the legs. Does anyone travel down from Fairview direction?
    Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 RedTea

Should be there if the weather is ok.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hi guys. I meant to try to meet up with ye for a while now. I'm doing the RoK and I'm in much need of getting some mile on the legs. Does anyone travel down from Fairview direction?
    Regards.

I live off Amiens Street, which would be on your way in, so I could meet you outside Connolly Station. I have to take a detour via Ranelagh though to drop something in to a mate's house, so I mightn't be much help in showing you the way for future weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

el tonto wrote: »
    I live off Amiens Street, which would be on your way in, so I could meet you outside Connolly Station. I have to take a detour via Ranelagh though to drop something in to a mate's house, so I mightn't be much help in showing you the way for future weeks.

Hi el_tonto.
    That would be great. Around what time should I be at Connelly for? I must warn you that the longest distance I've done recently is about 30 miles so I might be slowing you up a bit. Would you mind that?

Advertisement