Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

"STOP" coming out of Clonshaugh

Options
  • 26-06-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Wonder if you can answer me on this. Have my test in Clonshaught in a week and a half

On coming out of the test centre and down through the main road of the Industrial Estate, when you come to the exit of it (before turning onto Oscar Traynor Rd), there is a cabin with a security man, barriers (that are always up) and printed on the road just at the barrier is a "STOP"

I asked my instructor should I stop at this marking and he said no. However, on reading the rules of the road, it states that a "STOP" printed on the road is the same as an upright right "STOP" sign. So now am confused and don't know whether to stop or not.

Can anyone shed any light for me? Don't want to fail before I even get out onto the main road??? Tried to ring SGS in Clonshugh, but they don't take calls in the test centres

Thanks

Doolsxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dools wrote: »
    there is a cabin with a security man, barriers (that are always up) and printed on the road just at the barrier is a "STOP"
    Sounds like a private road?

I would treat it like a STOP junction if I was unsure. You cannot be penalised if there is a discrepency.

Some junctions have STOP printed on the road and a YIELD sign post! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

think the stop relates to teh barrier, so you stop if teh barrier is down (logical no?) and if not continue on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Sounds similar to a stop on the road inside the industrial estate at the finglas test centre. I was warned to stop at it upon arrival back to the test centre. A stop sign always means stop, so I'd bring the car to a complete stop. I can't see them marking you down because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Just back from doing my test in Clonshaugh (passed). I asked the examiner before moving off from the test centre, and he said there's no need to stop. You may want to ask the examiner yourself, just to be certain, you won't get a mark for asking

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Thanks Guys

28064212 - well done on passing. I think it's a tough route . I was thinking of asking the examiner, but I did'nt want to seem like I did'nt know my signs,etc.

We had a debate about it in work today and I had decided that I was going to stop, but now I'm thinking I'll just clarify with the examiner ont he day

Am dreading it....did you have any problems on the way round?? Where did you do your manoeuvres??

Tks

Dools

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Well, did the test and passed with only 2 Grade 2's. Was the expected route that had been posted here before.

I asked the Tester as we got into the car about having to Stop and he said no. He said they have had loads of queries about this from L drivers and Driving Instructors.

My advice to any of you doing the test in Clonshugh is to just mention/clarify it with the tester just to show you are aware of it

Hope this helps someone and Best of luck

Dools

Advertisement